Title: Content Curator
Full time, permanent
Salary: £30,000 - £33,000
Tes, the world’s leading publication for schools, is seeking a Content Curator to work in its lively Content Curation team, the engine room of editorial.
This is a full-time role for an established sub-editor a who is looking for their next challenge. The Content Curator will work on Tes in all its formats, including the website, the print magazine (plus its Scotland edition), social media and special projects. Process-driven and organised, you will be working in a fast-paced environment to produce high-quality, enticing content.
Key role responsibilities:
As well as the usual print subbing skills (you’ll have impeccable spelling and grammar and will know your way around InDesign), you will be social-savvy, with a demonstrable knowledge of Twitter, Facebook for Business and Instagram, and how to connect with audiences on all three. This role involves editing and scheduling social media content across a range of platforms – so creativity and organisational skills are both must-haves.
This role may require some out-of-hours working at Tes events, for which you would receive time off in lieu.
You will be asked to complete a subbing test at interview.
What will make you successful in this role?
• Demonstrable experience as a sub-editor on a daily or weekly publication (trade/B2B experience would be a bonus)
• Faultless spelling, grammar, and punctuation
• Working knowledge of CMS and social scheduling/monitoring platforms
• Confident in Adobe InDesign
• Working knowledge of Twitter, Facebook and Instagram is essential. If you have posted/managed social on behalf of a brand and done some social media data reporting, that would be an advantage
• A flair for writing creative headlines and stand firsts – but be aware that this is a not a writing role
• The ability to work both collaboratively and independently
• Enthusiasm about education
What we offer?
• Flexible hybrid working
• 25 days annual leave rising to 30 with opportunity to buy extra holiday
• 5% employer pension contribution
• Prestigious office with free soft and hot drinks and breakfast cereals and free fruit delivered weekly
• Access to a range of fantastic discounts and benefits via My Benefits World
• Free eye care cover
• Free Bupa Health cover, Life Assurance & Income Protection cover
• Discounted Dental Insurance
• Cycle to Work Scheme, salary sacrifice benefits such as technology and mobile phones
• Referral Scheme
• Season Ticket Loan
• EAP (Employee assistance programme)
• Paid for monthly nights out
• Access to an extensive Learning and Development menu
• Various other benefits to suit your lifestyle and wellbeing
Who are Tes?
Tes Global is a global digital education company that has been supporting educators for over 100 years. We power schools and enable great teaching worldwide, by creating intelligent online products and services to make the greatest difference in education.
With more than 13.7m education professionals and enthusiasts in our online community using over 900k classroom resources and working relationships with 25,000 schools in over 100 countries, we have the scale to make a difference. Our innovative products and services are delivered through a range of partners across the globe. We help schools find the teachers they need; we bring new teachers into the profession through initial teacher training; we provide teachers with continuous professional development and help educators with safeguarding training and compliance. We provide innovative tools to help teachers succeed in the classroom as well as bring educators together online, so they can share expertise and provide them with vital news and information about education.
We are leaders in using digital technology to make life easier for schools and teachers. The services offered through Tes.com play a critical role in helping teachers and school leaders deal with the challenges of providing high quality education to millions of children across the globe.
We are proud of our people centric culture where everyone is driven to achieve the same goal, to support and connect teachers and schools worldwide, helping them to improve children's lives through education.
Tes Global will ensure all qualified applicants receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, colour, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin or on the basis of disability. We invite applicants to contact us directly to identify any additional support required.