- As part of the global outreach & research (O&R) team, the role holder will contribute to ensuring excellence in editorial standards for Moody’s ESG Solutions (MESG) thought leadership content and sustainable finance insights.
- Core responsibilities include editing and enhancing different forms of research content in a timely fashion to maximise value and impact.
- Copyedit, proofread and improve a variety of written content types produced across MESG (such as in-depth reports, blogs and infographics) to the highest editorial standards.
- Contribute to the production process of high-profile Second Party Opinions (SPOs) through clear and concise editing, review and feedback to the Sustainable Finance team – often with tight turnaround times.
- Work in partnership with Subject Matter Experts across business lines globally to generate impactful reports.
- Provide regular feedback and support to analytical teams to ensure high quality of written content.
- Support the implementation of research processes and guidelines for contributors, including adherence to MESG research guidelines.
- Assist in the development of new outreach & research initiatives, such as the creation of a regular ESG podcast.
- Excellent editing skills and rigorous attention to detail, ideally with demonstrable experience across different forms of content, including in-depth reports, shorter articles and blog posts.
- Understanding of the power of storytelling and the art of creating engaging, well-structured thought leadership
- Genuine interest and understanding of sustainability and sustainable finance
- Excellent time management skills, with an ability to work to tight and multiple deadlines, while maintaining quality control processes, accuracy and style.
- Strong stakeholder management and verbal and written communication skills are a must
- Highest ethical standards and working in a multi-cultural environment
- Ability to work independently within a fast-moving global team environment
- Well-developed IT skills including advanced Microsoft Office applications, Word, Excel, PowerPoint,
- Fluency in English - knowledge of additional European/ Asian language is an advantage.
- Undergraduate/first-level degree in a related discipline (e.g. English, journalism)
The Department / Team
About Moody’s ESG Solutions
Moody’s ESG Solutions Group (MESGS) is a business unit of Moody’s Corporation. Its mission is to serve the growing global demand for ESG and climate insights.
Complementing Moody’s long-established track record in risk management expertise, the group’s comprehensive offering includes – but is not limited to – ESG scores and assessments, climate data, ESG-themed indices, Sustainability Ratings and sustainable finance certifier services that help fulfil the broad spectrum of ESG- and climate-related goals in risk management, equity and credit markets.
The group is rapidly expanding in headcount to meet ambitious growth targets on the path to becoming the most preeminent data and solutions provider within the ESG domain. By crafting a comprehensive suite of solutions, powered by superior data and overlaid with analytical expertise, Moody’s ESG Solutions seeks to be a pioneer of positive transformation – by playing a pivotal role in the greening of economy and advancing resilience across customer segments, including companies, sovereigns, banks, insurers, asset managers and asset owners globally.
Serving as subject matter experts to internal and external stakeholders, the MESGS Outreach & Research team is responsible for the origination and publication of thematic research publications related to ESG, climate change and sustainable finance. The team leads outreach activities with the broader sustainability stakeholder community with the aim of establishing Moody’s ESG Solutions as an authoritative voice on top-of-mind issues, promoting the market shift towards a multi-stakeholder and dual materiality investment approach, and building internal knowledge and capacity on thematic ESG issues.
Moody’s is an equal opportunity employer.
Securities Trading Policy
Candidates receiving an offer to join Moody’s Investors Service or Moody’s Shared Services shall be required to disclose their securities holdings and those of their family members as defined by Moody’s Policy for Securities Trading. Such holdings will be reviewed by the hiring manager during the offer process to identify any potential conflicts of interest. Moody’s Human Resources department shall inform the prospective employee of any potential conflicts and remediation actions required. Any formal offer of employment is contingent upon the Candidate’s agreement to comply, in advance of employment, with remediation requirements identified by Moody’s.