The Wall Street Journal Barron's Group is looking to fill the important role of Producer within our in-house creative agency, The Trust, in Tokyo. Reporting into the Head of Creative Operations in Hong Kong, this role collaborates closely with our Editorial, Design, Development and Planning Teams to put together creative programs which work to achieve our clients' business goals through compelling digital, audio and video content-led executions. Once a content program is sold, the Producer becomes the key point of contact for our clients in Japan (and around APAC from time to time) and works to create schedules and undertake production in a way that brings our programs together on time and on budget. Key for this role is the ability to organise all production logistics involved in creating our campaigns and to providing a consistent touchpoint for our production vendors. Our Producer also helps to analyse and collate performance information and data at the end of our programs in order to help optimise and improve campaign effectiveness.
- Collaborate with Editorial, Design, and Development to deliver production assets of high quality and within scope of budget and timelines whilst working across departments to foresee obstacles and proactively ensure the success of client programs
- Map and maintain project scope and production timelines which account for necessary internal approvals and also ensure that program updates and milestones are communicated effectively to our client and agency partners
- Write production briefs for and vet vendors' proposals in close collaboration the project team
- Organize production logistics, oversee vendor outreach and talent sourcing and provide a consistent touchpoint for production partners
- Serve as a point of contact for Editorial and Design Teams to collaborate on photography, video and podcast elements of programs
- Coordinate and attend production shoots, providing on the ground feedback to ensure that we are meeting client guidelines and capturing all material needed
- Support The Trust APAC Team in maintaining a strong freelancer network of filmmakers, photographers audio/video producers
- Collaborate across teams to maintain vendor sourcing documentation and handle contracting and payment of vendors
- Present what is being captured within the production elements (video, page build, etc.) to clients during campaign updates and walkthroughs
- Work with Planning Team to review performance of campaigns midway through and at completion to optimise towards key performance metrics and glean insights and takeaways to share with clients within reporting
- Perform Account Management tasks from time to time including the collation of campaign material (i.e. print tear sheets, performance data, event wrap reports, etc.) for end of campaign reporting
- Perform Pre-Sales tasks from time to time including the translation of copy from English to Japanese and vice versa
Skills & Experience
- Fluency in both oral and written Japanese and English is essential for this role
- 2-3 years of experience in project management/production within a creative team
- Experience in video production or within the in-house creative studio of a publisher a valuable asset
- Ability to be flexible without compromising production quality and work well with many different internal and external stakeholders
- Strong organizational skills with the capability to manage multiple projects simultaneously to tight deadlines and with cross-functional groups
- High attention to detail
- Understanding of media performance metrics
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Solution-minded, always looking for ways to improve efficiency and solve challenges
Dow Jones , Making Careers Newsworthy
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status. EEO/AA/M/F/Disabled/Vets .
Dow Jones is committed to providing reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities, in our job application and/or interview process. If you need assistance or accommodation in completing your application, due to a disability, please reach out to us at TalentResourceTeam@dowjones.com. Please put "Reasonable Accommodation" in the subject line.
Business Area: MEDIA SALES
Job Category: About Us
Since 1882, Dow Jones has been finding new ways to bring information to the world's top business entities. Beginning as a niche news agency in an obscure Wall Street basement, Dow Jones has grown to be a worldwide news and information powerhouse, with prestigious brands including The Wall Street Journal, Dow Jones Newswires, Factiva, Barron's, MarketWatch and Financial News.
This longevity and success is due to a relentless pursuit of accuracy, depth and innovation, enhanced by the wisdom of past experience and a solid grasp on the future ahead. More than its individual brands, Dow Jones is a modern gateway to intelligence, with innovative technology, advanced data feeds, integrated solutions, expert research, award-winning journalism and customizable apps and delivery systems to bring the information that matters most to customers, when and where they need it, every day.
If you are a current employee at Dow Jones, do not apply here. Please go to the Career section on your Workday homepage and view "Find Jobs - Dow Jones." Thank you.
Req ID: 25447