Benefits Analyst EMEA (12 Months Fixed Term Contract)
Summary: This temporary position, for up to 12 months, is responsible for the day to day administration of all health and welfare, as well as retirement programs for employees based in our Europe, Middle East and Africa locations, approximately 15 countries. Focuses attention to administer benefits to employees in our EMEA region and also act as point person on benefit third-party administrator implementation for the UK and Barcelona offices.
- Day to day administration such as healthcare and retirement/pension plan enrollments as well as allowances and perquisites, coordinating employee contributions with payroll, managing payments to outside vendors. Role reports to Dow Jones, VP, Global Benefits, but will have dotted line reporting to the News UK Benefits team.
- Primary point of contact for employees with benefit related issues and questions.
- Advocate for employees with broker or benefits providers when employees have complex issues that require additional assistance
- Host annual enrollment for employees in health and welfare, as well as retirement plans
- Work with consulting partnerships to ensure regulatory compliance, annual revisions to plan documents.
- Assist in drafting and executing employee communications campaigns. Explore creative ideas and opportunities to personalize the programs to increase employee participation.
- Point of contact on implementation of the Darwin benefit administration services tool for the UK and Barcelona offices to include health & welfare, and pension services, to include setting up robust processes to administer the Benefit programmes and transition these to the News UK Team.
Successful candidates are:
- General working knowledge of regional benefit norms around retirement, health & welfare, perquisites and policy.
- Passionate about HR & benefits and willing to assist a larger global benefits team.
- An independent thinker with excellent written and oral communication skills. Strong interpersonal communication and customer service skills with the ability to motivate others.
- Able to attend to detail, work under pressure, and prioritize in a fast-paced and loud environment.
- Professional when dealing with employees and outside vendors.
- Working with a sense of urgency and with the ability to meet deadlines while juggling multiple projects/tasks.
- Accepting of and applying constructive feedback when it is given.
- Personable, energetic, professional, self-motivated, and detail-oriented
Successful candidates should have:
- Experience working with UK and EMEA benefits
- Excellent skills in Google suite, Word, PowerPoint, and Excel.
- Experience working with Workday, SAP and UltiPro
- Fluent in either German, Spanish, French would be an advantage
Dow Jones , Making Careers Newsworthy
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status. EEO/AA/M/F/Disabled/Vets .
Dow Jones is committed to providing reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities, in our job application and/or interview process. If you need assistance or accommodation in completing your application, due to a disability, please reach out to us at TalentResourceTeam@dowjones.com. Please put "Reasonable Accommodation" in the subject line.
Business Area: PEOPLE
Job Category: Human Resources Group
Since 1882, Dow Jones has been finding new ways to bring information to the world's top business entities. Beginning as a niche news agency in an obscure Wall Street basement, Dow Jones has grown to be a worldwide news and information powerhouse, with prestigious brands including The Wall Street Journal, Dow Jones Newswires, Factiva, Barron's, MarketWatch and Financial News.
This longevity and success is due to a relentless pursuit of accuracy, depth and innovation, enhanced by the wisdom of past experience and a solid grasp on the future ahead. More than its individual brands, Dow Jones is a modern gateway to intelligence, with innovative technology, advanced data feeds, integrated solutions, expert research, award-winning journalism and customizable apps and delivery systems to bring the information that matters most to customers, when and where they need it, every day.
If you are a current employee at Dow Jones, do not apply here. Please go to the Career section on your Workday homepage and view "Find Jobs - Dow Jones." Thank you.
Req ID: 27245