We’re looking for an experienced Consultant / Account Manager to join our growing team in Brighton.
Our Consultants are experienced PR and marketing specialists who use their knowledge of the global news agenda and industry and business audiences to champion our clients. You will help create ideas and strategy for PR and B2B marketing campaigns, find the golden thread of a story within complex data, project-manage campaigns, write high-level copy and liaise with the media and other influencers.
Man Bites Dog is a multi-award-winning consultancy with global reach. We create campaigns that champion intelligent companies. We are B2B marketing experts who develop big ideas and make them travel, positioning our clients as the go-to experts in their field. We pride ourselves on our ability to tell clear stories in a complex world. Using bespoke research, we unearth the new issues that matter, and activate strategic marketing campaigns to give our clients competitive advantage.
From mapping the scale and impact of future talent shortages to ranking cities according to their sustainability, our original content engages the C-Suite and changes the conversation.
Man Bites Dog offers an end-to-end service that has real business and economic impact. Our signature thinking and pioneering use of economic data drives marketing, public relations and business development in order to build reputation, deepen relationships and generate revenue for our clients.
We’re far from a traditional marketing and communications agency. We dare to be different in how we do business and the kind of work we do. There’s no creative or commercial challenge too big for Man Bites Dog.
We do interesting and inspiring work to be proud of and have built a collegiate culture based on hard work and good fun. It’s one of the reasons we win so many awards, and why our team choose to stay and grow with us.
- Ideas and strategy: Supporting ideas generation, and creating content for PR and marketing campaigns.
- Media and influencer relations: Confidently liaise with international, national, trade and regional media and online influencers. Craft exciting and punchy pitches, be tenacious with sell-ins and follow-ups.
- Working with data: Know your way around a spreadsheet (maybe even a pivot table) recognising and curating good stories, whether from words on a page or numbers in rows and columns.
- Copywriting: High-level copywriting, contributing to whitepapers, pitches and proposals.
- Client admin and management: Central to the role, develop strong relationships with clients, respond promptly to queries and requests on a daily basis. Project manage, consult and advise.
- Supplier coordination: Manage third party partners such as design, research and other related agencies on behalf of clients - negotiate commercials.
- New business activity: Supporting organic growth, contributing to lead generation and attending networking events.
- Crisis communications: Supporting on crises and issues.
- Ad-hoc: Pitching in and supporting your pack with ad-hoc work as required.
The key qualities we’re looking for in our new recruit:
- A business enthusiast with experience in B2B marketing communications.
- A PR and marketing specialist with knowledge of the global news agenda and strong media & influencer relations skills.
- A solid understanding of the industry, sectors and business audiences that our clients target, from SMEs to global corporates.
- An outstanding communicator - written and verbal.
- A trusted and responsive consultant able to solve problems (with senior support) and maintain and grow client relationships.
- A creative thinker that, with senior support and guidance, can craft a compelling story, generate and evidence big ideas.
- A data enthusiast who thrives to uncover the narrative behind the numbers.
- A top-notch project manager able to work to objectives, targets, evaluate and report, meet deadlines and deliver results.
- An unflappable operator and problem solver that can juggle multiple responsibilities.
- Someone with a passion for new business that supports our approach, content and pitches.
- An inspiring account manager who loves helping their team and clients reach their full potential.
- Commercial acumen – knowledge of working to budgets and monitoring profitability.
We need a commercially minded, smart and experienced marketing and communications professional who loves to work in a fast-moving consultancy environment. The right candidate will build great working relationships with our partners and clients and will support the team to drive growth, innovation and excellence.
Check out our Instagram account to keep up to date on our latest adventures.
Please send a covering letter and CV.