Role: Staff Writer
Employment Type: Full-time
About Talenthouse: Talenthouse is the ultimate co-creation platform, helping our partners to harness the power of creators in all corners of the world. With over 1M creators, 2.5M social followers, 4M members and a client list including major brands, media owners and agencies, this is a truly unique opportunity to join a pioneering global company at an exciting scale-up stage.
More about Talenthouse: https://www.talenthouse.com/articles/about-freelance-art-creative-job-opportunities
The Talenthouse group is looking to hire a number of staff writers to work across its roster of platforms.
As a member of the newly formed Editorial Team, you’ll be covering stories ranging from news relevant to the creative and art-loving community, interviews with creators and artists, and deep-dives into trends and movements. You’re invited to bring all your strong opinions to the table for commentary pieces, alongside a head full of ideas for formats, series and stories that our communities would love - thinking outside of text-based articles (which we enjoy!) and bringing ideas for other media formats to the virtual table.
The dream candidate is someone with experience of writing both news and feature stories, with a working knowledge of SEO best practices. If you understand how content should be packaged to perform best across search, social and newsletters, and have a smart, witty tone of voice, let’s talk.
An interest in art, design and creativity is preferred, as well as the ability to switch from an interview with one of our creators who’s landed a huge brand deal, to a snappy news piece commenting on a brand’s new logo or a strong opinion piece about what Instagram has done to creativity, for example.
This role can be fully remote, reporting into the Head of Content who is based in Europe. There will potentially be some flexible office options once The Plague has calmed down.
- Pitching and producing original content as well as covering more regular news stories
- Using article traffic performance and cross-site analytics to help inform future content decisions
- Focus on increasing audience growth and engagement across editorial content
- Thinking outside of text-based editorial. If your ideas would work better as a video, as a social media series or a 12 second TikTok, that’s cool too.
- Contributing to larger projects across the company that require some editorial brain power
It’ll be very exciting if you have:
- An enthusiasm for and understanding of how digital content works; how it’s discovered and shared, and what elements make a brilliant piece of editorial.
- Experience of writing for a digital platform
- An understanding of traffic analytics and how to use them to inform decisions (and when to ignore them because some numbers are… weird)
- Heaps of ideas for stories, interviews, articles, lists, videos, deep-dives… the more the merrier
- Proficiency in photoshop would be an awesome bonus but is absolutely not essential
- Experience optimising articles for Search performance
- Knowledge of what matters to creatives
If this sounds like a fun and varied job to you (which it is) then pop an email over to us with ‘staff writer’ included in your subject line. It would be great if you could send us a cover letter detailing why you’d be a dreamy addition to our shiny new team, and throw in some links to some of your previous writing work.
We are accepting global applications from anyone who has complete fluency in English and enjoys a pun.