As Head of Social Media, you'll be responsible for the Telegraph’s strategy and output across our social media platforms, and working with the newsroom to deliver the strategy.
You will have the chance to work across a variety of content in a fast-paced, expanding team and alongside some of the country’s best journalists in their field. This is an exciting challenge to make a real impact in driving subscriptions in a globally renowned organisation that puts quality first.
The nature of our industry means life at the Telegraph Media Group is fast-paced, demanding, and interesting. We also want it to be rewarding for everyone who works here. From dynamic working opportunities, medical cover, and equal parental pay (six months fully paid for mothers and fathers), to life assurance, and season ticket loans, you can choose from a range of flexible benefits, designed to support your lifestyle and help you achieve a healthy work-life balance.
Training and development
With support from your manager and colleagues, you’ll also have access to a variety of training and development opportunities through The Academy. Covering a range of personal and professional skills, our courses enable you to develop an enjoyable and rewarding career.
Our commitment to inclusion
We want you to feel you belong here and welcome candidates from all backgrounds.
We have a number of internal networks that are totally inclusive and open for anyone to join. These include internal inclusion networks covering employees from ethnic minority backgrounds, working families, LGBTQ+, disabilities and long-term conditions, gender, wellbeing, and women in tech.
Your wellbeing is paramount, so we have trained over 100 Mental Health First Aiders in the last two years to help support our employees. We’ve also signed the Tech Talent Charter, and are committed to driving greater inclusion and diversity in tech.
- Develop the Telegraph's social media strategy as a means of promoting, supporting, developing and maximising the impact of its editorial content - driving subscriptions, and growing reach and influence.
- Develop separate strategies for Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, LinkedIn, TikTok. Manage relationships with these outside parties.
- Create communities of value to the Telegraph, growing reader engagement and creating brand loyalty through interaction.
- Work with, inform and advise our other visual storytelling teams to create unique, original content that will drive engagement on social media and make the Telegraph stand out against our competitors.
- Work with the Head of Video to find innovative ways of creating and presenting native social content.
- Continuously monitor and research social media trends and emerging platforms, tools and channels.
- Line manage a team of social editors responsible for running our social media accounts; ensure day-to-day postings are on-brand and optimised.
- Support desks and reporters in growing their own social media communities in line with editorial strategy.
- Extensive experience of social media, particularly of Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and Instagram - preferably within a national quality publisher, and experience of subscription models.
- Extensive experience of driving community and engagement through social media - and understanding of what engagement metrics are of importance to a quality publisher.
- Extensive experience of different digital storytelling methods as applied to social media - particularly video and animation.
- Experience of managing a team, and the ability to influence key stakeholders and others outside of the immediate team.
- Excellent understanding of what constitutes quality digital publishing in a busy editorial environment.
- Experience in content strategy and planning, and the ability to coordinate plans across a large newsroom.
- Skilled in extracting insight from analytics tools, and the ability to make decisions about social media activities based on analytics when appropriate.
- Drive to work hard and push the boundaries in a rapidly changing industry.
The Telegraph’s goal is to foster a diverse and inclusive workplace and we are committed to building a team that reflects a wide variety of skills, perspectives, and backgrounds.
We are an equal opportunities employer, hiring solely on merit and business need. We encourage applications regardless of sex, gender identity, ethnicity, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, pregnancy, parenthood, and disability. If you require reasonable adjustments in any recruitment process with us, please make us aware.
For more information on our purpose, beliefs, and people values, please visit our website.