- The role: Deputy Editor – Mat Cover
- Brand: Drapers
- Location: Shoreditch / Home
- Contract: Maternity Cover until June ‘22
- Hours: Flexible – full time or Part time
- Salary: Competitive
About Us: Drapers is the UK’s market leading B2B publication for the fashion industry, with unparalleled authority in the sector. We have a strong reputation for breaking exclusive news, from the latest people moves, to mergers and acquisitions, to changes in strategy. We operate across multiple platforms, including a premium monthly print magazine and growing digital channels.
About the Role: We are looking for an experienced Deputy Editor to help manage the day-to-day running of the editorial team and execute Drapers’ content strategy. This includes commissioning and editing news and features to a high standard. Managing a team of 4 you will deputise for the Editor and sign off pages for the print magazine when required. Drapers also offers a growing portfolio of virtual and face-to-face conferences, awards and smaller bespoke networking events, and the Deputy Editor will be required to help develop these and, at times, to chair them
About you: You will have experience of overseeing editorial teams to ensure engaging, accurate copy is produced in a timely manner, across print, digital, newsletters and social media Your written English will be exceptional, as will your organisational skills.
You will be a personable leader with experience of directly line managing and developing staff, as well as working collaboratively with colleagues across different teams, such as commercial, events and marketing. The ideal candidate will also have experience of chairing live and/or virtual events.
- Planning, editing, and commissioning copy to a high standard.
- Ensuring that the content team operates efficiently across print and digital channels.
- Carrying out appraisals, and identifying and meeting individuals’ and team development needs, including training requirements and any performance issues.
- Signing off proofs in the Editor’s absence and deputising on any final editorial and commercial/ad-related decisions.
- Supporting with new content ideas, digital initiatives, and development of events.
- Working with the conference team to put together agenda-setting programmes and suggesting speakers for events.
Benefits: Metropolis Group are committed to providing a happy and healthy place to work, so we offer fantastic benefits and perks to our employees.
- 25 days of holiday per year (with the option to buy or sell)
- Health plan
- Life insurance cover
- Cycle to work scheme.
- Discounted gym memberships
- Retail discount vouchers and more
How to apply: Please send your CV, covering letter with notice Stating preference to full or part time and your salary expectations.
Due to the volume of applications, we receive, we are unable to give individual feedback at the application stage, however if you are successfully shortlisted you will be contacted within 10 working days of the closing date.
Diversity and Inclusion: We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity and inclusion. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, age, religion or belief, pregnancy and maternity, marriage and civil partnership, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or disability status.