- Up to £26k for recent graduates with less than 1 year of experience;
- Up to £35k for experienced reporters;
- Up to £50k for specialist reporters.
This is an exciting opportunity within our London-based team for an established, knowledgeable and connected journalist looking to cover the dynamic world of finance and the emerging cryptocurrency space.
Currency.com is looking for reporters and senior reporters to help expand our coverage of the fast-changing industry. Reporting to the London Desk Editor, you will be curious, motivated, organised and nimble, bringing a wide-ranging skillset and broad experience to a role that will be fast-paced but also rewarding for the right candidate.
You will be part of a team that also runs our sister publication capital.com and will help cover a mixture of spot news and longer-form content ranging from features and interviews to technical analysis, definitions and in-depth “everything you need to know” backgrounders.
This is a great job for an all-rounder who wants to have a go at everything. You will be part of an international 24-7 news operation publishing in several languages.
Reporters will work on a mix of news and longer-form content production, as necessary. You will be expected to report market moves, results, price changes and develop contrast to breaking news. You will also carry out feature and profile interviews, write in-depth content and examine subjects in depth. You will also constantly update evergreen content with the latest facts and figures or news angles.
- At least 3 years of editorial experience with an understanding and, more importantly, interest in the cryptocurrency industry, including but not limited to Bitcoin, Ethereum, Dogecoin and some emerging products;
- In-depth financial and markets knowledge as well as fluency and understanding of business, industry and finance;
- Some experience of reporting on cryptocurrency industry;
- Ability to identify emerging trends within the industry;
- Ability to scan multiple social media platforms for story ideas and emerging trends;
- Research and write original stories as well as longer-form features;
- Break news and create readable, shareable content on a daily basis;
- Identify established and emerging players in the cryptocurrency industry and be able to secure interviews with them as well as policymakers influential in the space, executives and others able to provide an insight;
- Talent for networking and building contacts with key industry figures through attendance of events and various conferences;
- Ability to write clear copy quickly and concisely.
Nice to have
- Established social media following
- Understanding of Google Trends
- Bulging contacts book
- Sense of humour
Click APPLY NOW and send us your CV and covering letter.