Capital.com this year started a 24/5 news service and will be moving to 24/7. We will be adding additional languages after that. Google has recognised us as a news provider and we are starting to compete with the big names in financial news. Now we need to boost our social media presence across all relevant platforms.
This is an exciting opportunity for someone who wants to build an international social media presence from the ground up, mixing hands-on day-to-day work with long-term strategy building. You will be working with our editorial team but also with our corporate social media manger and her international team.
The job will involve:
- Running and growing our just-launched twitter news account
- Adding new, appropriate social media channels
- Building a social media strategy to promote our news and long-form content
- Recruiting staff and freelances to run 24/7
- Working with our film unit (operational soon) on re-using video content
- Training journalists in using their own social media
- Working with corporate social media and creative teams
- Ensuring social media posts meet compliance standards (we are a regulated business)
You will have:
- Great social media knowledge and experience of working in a news environment
- The experience and management skills necessary to build and run a team and manage a budget.
- The highest editorial standards: you’ll know when to use a semi-colon and the difference between which and that.
- Great legal knowledge, and a willingness to learn the additional restraints of compliance with domestic and international regulation.
- A grasp of SEO but a hatred of keyword stuffing and poor writing.
- The ability to work with an international team around the world – we’re a global company with new offices opening all the time in multiple timezones.
- A sense of humour – we’re not so up ourselves we can’t have a laugh.
A strong plus would be:
- Knowledge of markets and trading.
- Understanding of cryptocurrencies and blockchain.
- Experience international social media in different countries and regions.
What we offer:
- A good salary. The minimum salary for this job if you’re in the UK is £35k. Demonstrate why you’re worth more and we’ll respect that. We can pay good local salaries in USD$ and euros€.
- The ability to work from our other offices and remotely.
- A growing range of benefits (holidays, pension, medical insurance etc) as we switch from being a start-up to a leading financial services company.
- A supportive environment, training and learning opportunities and team working.
What is Capital.com?
Capital.com is a stockbroker and online/app-based trading platform that is regulated in the UK, Europe and in an increasing number of countries around the world. In spring 2021 Capital.com established a 24/5 news and editorial team with staff in north America and Asia Pacific as well as the UK. It will move to 24/7 before the year is out. Capital is currently headhunting a top film unit as part of its significant investment in the highest quality financial content. Current staff have come from Bloomberg, the FT, The Economist and many others.