Location: DMGT Headquarters – London
MailOnline, the world’s largest English-language newspaper website with over 200 million monthly unique visitors globally, is looking for an experienced homepage editor to join the London team.
Our teams across the globe strive to provide our readers with engaging, fast and rolling news, 24/7, 365 days a year. With over 500 journalists worldwide, we continue to grow and require an enthusiastic and talented homepage editor to join our expanding UK operation.
The role of homepage editor encompasses the daily management of page editing and news gathering processes relating to the editorial team. In particular, the successful candidate will be responsible for developing the quality and output of news in alignment with the 24-hour news operation of MailOnline and in accordance with the editorial objectives set by the UK editor and Publisher.
A strong track record of news gathering, editing and managing a team of reporters is essential, together with an understanding of digital 24-hour news and the processes and pressures that come with operating in this environment. You will be tasked with moving stories on, establishing the best news angle and setting the news agenda for the day.
Outstanding candidates should also be able to balance editorial objectives in a fast-paced news environment. Prior experience in online publishing for a news outlet is essential.
- Direct, develop and maintain the quality and output of rolling, 24-hour, digital news
- Attend and contribute to daily conferences with the UK Editor
- Establish a strong sub-editing process, manage breaking news, and identify content that engages our readership
- Understand analytics and digital readership to help curate the site
The above list is not exhaustive and constantly evolving, based on the needs of the business. The role involves shift work so out of hours availability and a high level of adaptability is essential.
In return for their energy and ideas we ensure our people are well rewarded. Our benefits package increases the longer you’ve been with us. Here’s what to expect:
- 25 days’ holiday (increasing by 1 per year up to a total of 30)
- Upon joining you will be automatically enrolled onto the Pension Plan at the minimum level of 5% employee contribution, 3% Company contribution.
- Life cover under the Pension Plan of up to 3x your basic salary.
- DMGT Discounts (for discounts on online shopping, vouchers and reloadable cards)
- Subsidised canteen
- Onsite gym (Northcliffe House only)
- Onsite nurse and GP clinics (Northcliffe House only)
- Our Employee Assistance Programme
- Discounted dining cards
Plus many other benefits….
Please apply by sending an up-to-date CV, a note about yourself and why you’d be perfect for the tea.
Any applications received without a CV will not be considered.