Newsweek is looking for a Reporter to join our London team.
The ideal candidate will have experience in planning news coverage around major events. Reporting to the Executive Editor, Planning, SEO, they will be a digital native with a keen news sense and ability to prioritize. A strong understanding of U.S. and World news, and cultural trends, is an advantage.
The reporter's role will be: to identify and research news stories and features days, weeks and months in advance; to assist news desks with major news events; and to create articles for upcoming calendar events.
The candidate will be responsible for ensuring high-quality coverage that is accurate, fair, and conforms to accepted standards of journalism.
This is a full-time position with the ability to work from our London, Canary Wharf office or from home anywhere in the UK. All staff are temporarily working from home due to the Covid-19 situation.
- Forward planning for future events
- Assist in maintaining an up-to-date planning diary for editorial use
- Scouring multiple sources for stories and emerging trends
- Check facts and sources to ensure content is of the highest possible standard
- Experience in a reporting role for a reputable organization
- Experience and familiarity with covering U.S. news and trends
- Knowledge and experience with SEO and online journalism
- Experience with using social media, Google Trends and other tools to find and research articles
- Capable of working across multiple content systems
- Capable of working to tight deadlines
- Must be able to work flexible hours