The Opinion desk is looking for a new editor to join their team. This is an exciting role in a busy and wide-ranging department. We are looking for a journalist with strong commissioning and editing experience, a passion for interesting argument and ideas and a great list of names when it comes to thinking about who should write for our pages.
Across the FT Group, our people are united by a mission to deliver world-class information, news and services to our global audiences. Our global, award-winning editorial team represents the gold standard in journalism, seeking depth, originality and balance that differentiates us from the pack and engages our subscribers.
Our commitment to diversity and inclusion in the workplace
At the FT, we aim for employees across all regions to have a voice so that diverse perspectives are heard and valued. We believe that a supportive workplace is one where employees feel they can be themselves at work and have the flexibility they need to meet their personal needs. We'll continue to remove barriers for all, and in particular barriers facing employees from underrepresented groups.
- Establish how best to display our analysis online and on social media
- Handle both internal and external copy
- Build and maintain relationships with external contributors and other desks across the FT newsroom
- Edit external contributors
- Regularly generate new and creative thoughts as to who to commission and what subjects our readers most want to hear about is an integral part of the role.
- Efficient and well organised, able to prioritise effectively
- Confident in collaborating with a variety of teams and individuals internally and externally
- Comfortable working under pressure and to tight deadlines
- The ability to connect with and edit external contributors is crucial
Please submit your application via Workday by Wednesday 15 September
What’s in it for you? Our Benefits
Our benefits vary depending on location, but we are committed to providing best in class perks across all our offices as well as an inclusive environment to develop your career. Examples of our benefits include; generous annual leave allowances, flexible working (including working from home), medical cover, enhanced maternity & paternity packages, subsidised gym memberships and Giving Back opportunities. Full details of our benefits can be found here.
The FT is committed to providing an inclusive working environment for all. We are an equal opportunities employer who seeks to recruit and appoint the best talent regardless of age, gender, ethnicity, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, socio-economic background, religion and/or belief. We also promote flexible working and will consider specific requests around flexibility for all roles where it can be accommodated. Please let us know if you require any adjustments as part of the application process or to enable you to attend an interview. If you would like to discuss your requirements, or have any questions, please contact a member of our HR team who will be happy to help.