- Up to £27k for junior reporters (less than 2 years’ experience)
- Up to £35k for reporters with more experience
- Up to £50k for specialist reporters
Are you a dynamic, enterprising and knowledgeable journalist looking for an exciting opportunity to cover the high-octane world of business and finance?
Do you want to be part of an ambitious venture that pushes the frontiers in data-driven financial news and long-form content? If yes, this is a terrific chance for you to join a team that is building a modern, digital financial news and intelligence platform.
Capital.com is hiring reporters and senior reporters as it sets up a global 24/7 news service to cover everything from stocks and forex to commodities and cryptocurrencies, as well as companies, industries, economies and governments.Reporting to the EMEA Desk Editor in London, you will be perceptive, resourceful, well connected and self-driven, able to deliver high-quality output in a fast-paced environment.
You will be part of a team that produces everything from fast spot news to interviews, analytical commentary, explainers, predictive journalism and highly structured, long-form evergreen content. You will be a clear thinker, skillful in generating influential story ideas and developing them into insightful content.
- Identify fresh news themes ahead of the competition and build them into persuasive stories
- Produce influential scoops; cover breaking news and market trends in real-time
- Research and write insightful and original trend-analysis and predictive-analysis stories on markets, businesses and economies
- Write long-form evergreen content on select topics and keep them updated
- Get high-profile interviews with newsmakers, CEOs, high-ranking investment experts
- Build a book of contacts across markets, companies and more
- Generate high-quality cross-genre content to attract more digital traffic, and achieve high levels of audience engagement
- Consistently originate ideas for high-value news and analytical content
- Develop smart, data-driven content on financial markets and business
- Keep close track of market and business events and trends and update the team
- Maintain high editorial standards and ethics – ensure content quality and originality, produce clean and engaging copy
- Keep an innovative and open approach toward content forms and formats
- Collaborate with colleagues across geographies and time zones on larger news projects
- Strong news skills – from inferring the next big story to chasing it down and reporting it in a timely and competent manner
- Excellent writing skills and high editorial standards, able to deliver clear and compelling copy
- In-depth knowledge of financial markets, business and economic trends
- Consistently generate ideas for high-value news and analysis
- Develop and maintain a pipeline of story ideas
- Proficiency in using social media to generate content ideas and to boost visibility
- Seasoned news judgment skills and ability to spot market, business, economic themes
- Ability to deliver top-quality work within tight deadlines
Good to have:
- A network of good contacts
- Proficiency in social media
- An understanding of SEO for news
- A sense of humor
What is Capital.com?
Capital.com is a stockbroker and online/app-based trading platform that is regulated in the UK, Europe and in an increasing number of countries around the world. In spring 2021 Capital.com established a 24/5 news and editorial team with staff in north America and Asia Pacific as well as the UK. It will move to 24/7 before the year is out. Capital is currently headhunting a top film unit as part of its significant investment in the highest quality financial content. Current staff have come from Bloomberg, the FT, The Economist and many others.