Brand: Nursing Times
Base Location: Shoreditch /Home
Employment Type: Full time, Permanent
Salary: up to £25k p/a
Ref ID: RNT/CS
About the Role: Nursing Times, is a specialist title serving the UK nursing profession, which creates news and features content for our online and print products. We are now looking for a full-time reporter to join our team, as an NT Reporter you will use your talent for writing precise, accurate copy. These will be news stories as well as longer in-depth features. The role will involve working closely with industry partners to ensure that content is useful, actionable and of clear interest to our readers.
About Us: Nursing Times is the UK’s leading independent nursing brand with the largest nursing website outside of the US and a monthly print magazine. Established in 1905, it is a go-to source for nurses seeking news and clinical content to help them keep up to date with developments in nursing and health and social care.
In 2019, Nursing Times was named Special Interest Magazine of the Year and Team of the Year at the Periodical Press Association Awards (PPAs) – the Oscars of the media industry.
About you: The ideal candidate will be confident, a thorough interviewer and able to find good hooks for stories. You will be competent in handling and interpreting data, research studies and reports. You will have the ability to produce engaging and accurate copy to tight deadlines. You will have completed NCTJ or equivalent postgraduate qualification in journalism. You will have a good grasp of media law and a good understanding of social media platforms. Experience in health journalism desirable but not essential.
- Day to day news contributions through sourcing and writing stories for the website, building contacts
- and maintaining a solid awareness of nursing developments
- Generating ideas for longer-form features for the monthly magazine and turning around copy in time
- for publication
- Bringing in exclusives and generating and seeing through ideas for news campaigns and
- Sustaining good relationships with nursing contacts
- Attending and covering key nursing events and meetings
- Liaising with sales, marketing, and events teams to support their objectives
Benefits: emap is part of the Metropolis Group, together we are committed to providing a happy and healthy place to work, so we offer fantastic benefits and perks to our employees.
- 25 days of holiday per year (with the option to buy or sell)
- Health plan
- Life insurance cover
- Cycle to work scheme.
- Discounted gym memberships
- Retail discount vouchers and more
How to apply: Click APPLY NOW and send us your CV and three examples of your work. Applications without examples may not be considered.
Due to the volume of applications, we receive, we are unable to give individual feedback at the application stage, however if you are successfully shortlisted you will be contacted within 10 working days of the closing date.
Diversity and Inclusion: We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity and inclusion. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, age, religion or belief, pregnancy and maternity, marriage and civil partnership, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or disability status.