Competitive Salary – reflective of experience | London Bridge
Are you a master of words who is looking to advance your established editorial career in a dynamic, fast-paced and progressive company?
Reporting to the Editor, Global Legal Group seeks a Deputy Editor who is motivated and passionate about delivering timely, authoritative and outstanding legal journalism, across GLG brands, including Commercial Dispute Resolution (CDR) and ICLG News.
The successful candidate will be responsible for generating features and breaking news from the international legal market, as well as attending and reporting on events.
They will also play a role in the development of a growing editorial operation, assisting the editor with managing the publications, and commissioning and editing articles.
A proven journalism background is required, along with a thorough understanding of the principles of search engine-optimised B2B content and familiarity with content management systems.
This position will present an ideal opportunity for the right person to develop existing skills and expand their areas of expertise in a fast-paced environment where a high degree of importance is placed on initiative, precision and creativity.
- Leading by example as the voice on global legal trends, exclusives and breaking news (includes writing own news/features).
- Assisting the Editor in innovatively driving articles written by in-house journalists and external contributors in accordance with house style and strict deadlines.
- Maintaining and developing relationships with law firms, practitioners, PR contacts and other industry players.
- Assisting with sub-editing and search optimisation of articles.
- Attending and reporting on events and conferences.
- Working alongside publication stakeholders, including leadership, sales team, marketing and conference production, to maximise commercial opportunities, event delivery and other engagement.
Global Legal Group is an independent legal media owner based in the vibrant surrounds of London Bridge. We produce print, video and online publications, as well as topical industry events, covering legal and regulatory insight and analysis. Our clients are private practice lawyers, general counsel and senior executives in top-tier law firms, multinational corporations, and professional services firms with market reach in over 120 countries around the world.
The GLG brands that you will collaborate on include:
- Commercial Dispute Resolution
- ICLG News
- International Business Reports
- African Law & Business
- CDR Essential Intelligence
- GLG Events, including symposia and roundtables
- GLG TV
The key skills and attributes of the successful candidate:
- Proven experience as a writer, preferably in the legal and/or professional services sectors.
- Outstanding editing and proofreading abilities with outstanding attention to detail.
- Creative thinker about articles and opportunities for our publications.
- Strong SEO and social media awareness and abilities, writing and editing content for maximum shareability and readability.
- An ability to quickly understand new and complex business and legal concepts and communicate them concisely and authoritatively to a high-level readership.
- The ability to work to tight deadlines.
- First-rate project and people management skills.
- A dedicated work ethic including the willingness to attend events out of regular office hours.
- Supportive, encouraging and tight-knit team, providing a great work environment.
- Corporate days out, office refreshments, pension scheme, and more.
- Flexible working arrangements, divided between office and home.
Interested in hearing more about this thriving company and taking the next step in your career? Then please click APPLY NOW and send a CV, cover letter and two examples of published material.