Hello, we’re looking for a editorial manager to join our team
Someone to work with big-name clients to achieve incredible results through beautiful writing.
Who are we?
We’re a behavioural communications agency.
Now truth be told a behavioural communications agency is a thing that we’ve made up. But we’re a group of behavioural scientists, journalists, comms experts, designers, and trainers who combine our skills together to inspire people into action.
Sometimes we do that with communications campaigns, sometimes we do it with big learning and development projects, sometimes it’s via content marketing, and sometimes through nationwide government campaigns to make people’s lives safer, better, or easier.
Mostly it’s in the digital word but we do sometimes dip a toe into print as well.
For you, this is a chance to do the best work of your career in an agency that hugely values great ideas, beautifully crafted copy, and people who want to get stuck in.
What’s the role about?
You’ll be responsible for two things:
- Writing a wide variety of content for us and our clients.
So ‘doing the doing’ in other words – writing everything from snappy headlines to long-form articles, to blogs, to brochures, to video scripts, social media posts, newsletters, infographics, and more. Both for us and our clients.
- Managing (and inspiring!) our team of permanent and freelance writers.
Helping to inject creativity, raise standards, and make sure we create the most effective content we can for our clients.
If you like being hands-on, creative, supportive and your favourite things are writing content that nails client briefs and helping others do the same, you’ll probably be right at home in this role.
- Day-to-day copywriting.
- Advising clients. Being more than just a supplier, but a consultant who can use their experience to steer the client to the best outcome for them.
- Refining standards, systems, and best practices. For how we handle client briefs, our own marketing, and other products and services we write about
- Developing our little writing team. Supporting others to become great writers, so we become even more famous for the quality of our words.
- Research: Digging into (sometimes fairly knotty) information and carrying out journalistic interviews with experts to inform your work.
- Ideas: Relishing opportunities to contribute to brainstorms, spot creative opportunities (for us and our clients) and work with the strategy and account teams to create and deliver brilliant ideas for client work and tenders.
- Our marketing. Including writing for our blog, social media channels, events, and other website content.
You’ll probably have:
- A degree in communications, journalism or something that involves words.
- 3-5 years’ experience managing and leading a writing team.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including grammar, spelling and punctuation, obvs.
- An absolute devotion to quality.
- That brilliant combo of being both pragmatic and creative, adjusting your approach to clients’ situations with aplomb.
- The word ‘Writer’ or ‘Copywriter’ as job titles on your CV a number of times.
- Experience steering a few projects at once.
- Knowledge of digital best practices, including SEO, Google Analytics and uploading content to a CMS.
- The ability to deftly manage client relationships with charm and tact.
In return you’ll get:
- A competitive salary, which will depend on your experience
- 25 days annual holiday
- Perkbox rewards (like discounts at cafés, restaurants and gym memberships)
- Hybrid or remote working (meaning you can work from home for some or most of the time if you want to, but you will be expected to attend meetings in our central London offices from time to time as well).
Sound like you?
- If it does, apply in writing with a CV and portfolio with ‘Editorial Manager’ in the subject line.
- Closing date for applications: 4th October
- You must be eligible to live and work in the UK
PS. We get a lot of applications so we won’t be able to provide specific feedback if we don’t take you to the next stages.