Company: Jam Press Ltd
Salary: £25,000 + (DOE)
Jam Press is on the hunt for a talented and experienced lifestyle reporter with a passion for finding fantastic stories and a drive for getting there first.
The ideal candidate will have at least two years of experience in journalism and excel at interviewing case studies, finding the best line for a story, and turning around engaging copy on short deadlines.
News agency journalism is a different beast but it's also one of the most diverse and fun areas of the industry to work in. You will get to write across a wide range of stories, such as a tale about the 'human devil' who cut off his nose to the woman who went on a date in an actual hurricane, the mum who has incredibly hacks for keeping food fresh and the age gap relationship couple who are getting it on no matter what anyone says.
We encourage individuality, we champion having a good work/life balance and we value diversity. We're a small but tight team, and we're looking for the right person to join our growing company.
In this role, you'll work closely with the other team members, and report to the news and lifestyle editor.
Want to work from home? This is a remote working opportunity so candidates need to be self-motivated and able to manage their own workload, with guidance from editors.
Intrigued yet? We thought so. Here are the ideal skills we'd like to see in you.
The ideal candidate will have:
- At least two years experience in a similar role (freelance or full-time)
- Experience in working for a news agency (preferred but not essential)
- NCTJ-qualified or equivalent education
- A good eye for news lines and talking points
- Great interpersonal and case study liaison skills
- Be engaged with current news and able to pitch ideas and hook features to headlines
- Able to manage their own workload, work to short deadlines and find and sign great stories
- Someone who understands the value of visual elements in news agency journalism
- Experience in writing for finding features that are suitable for print (preferred but not essential)
Click APPLY NOW and please send a CV, profile cuttings/links, and three ideas for great stories. Please note these can be features or news stories hooked to the day's agenda.
If you don't get the role but we still want your idea(s), we'll commission it from you.