Overview of role:
The Business of Fashion is seeking a visionary, strategic Associate Director, Social Media (Editorial) to move the needle on our aspirations as a community company. Working very closely across multiple BoF teams, you will use your expertise to take the lead in building out a global social presence that sparks debate and conversations while enabling BoF to share fresh industry insights and analysis with current and prospective BoF community members through our website and social media platforms, among other channels.
With a strategic mindset combined with top-notch news judgment, you will have an impeccable background in social media alongside a deep understanding of the fashion – or related – industry, captivating communication skills and a strong sense of aesthetics. Sitting within the Editorial team, this pivotal global role will work across the business, requiring close collaboration with stakeholders in Multimedia, Marketing, Events and Community teams.
Who Are We?
The Business of Fashion (BoF) is a next generation fashion media company conceived for today's global and hyper-connected world. Founded in 2007 by Imran Amed, BoF is known for its authoritative, agenda-setting point of view on the global fashion industry, described as “The Economist of Fashion,” “A Daily Destination for Fashion’s Power Players” and “The Industry Bible.”
Providing tools and services to support the journey through the fashion and beauty industries, including News & Analysis, Careers, and Education, BoF has grown to be an indispensable resource for fashion executives, creatives, students and entrepreneurs in over 200 countries.
Commitment to Diversity
BoF is committed to building a diverse workforce and we are proud to be an Equal Opportunities employer. All applicants and employees receive equal treatment regardless of race, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation, gender, age, disability, marital or civil partner status, pregnancy or maternity.
Commitment to Inclusivity
BoF is committed to building an inclusive environment where everyone can bring their authentic selves to work and reach their full potential within their roles using a growth mindset. We are committed to creating an inclusive culture for our employees globally.
What we need you to do:
As BoF’s Associate Director, Social Media (Editorial), you will be adept at thinking about the big picture to hone BoF’s social media strategy and its role in supporting overall business growth and community building. At the same time, your exceptional editorial judgment and skills to engage audiences looking to connect with BoF on a variety of social media formats and touchpoints, including our website.In other words, you will own our social media strategy and lead vibrant daily social content that puts BoF’s content in the spotlight on Instagram, Facebook, LinkedIn and Twitter as well as our own website. A fine eye for detail and strong organisational skills are essential for overseeing your team’s day-to-day workflow, while collaborating with our Multimedia, Research, Marketing and Commercial teams. You will also excel at analysing and articulating key performance metrics alongside senior BoF leadership and other key stakeholders to identify trends and opportunities.
To be successful in this role, you will have the ability to:
- Be a central, creative contributor to new BoF content strategies and innovations in TV, video, podcasts, live events, among other areas
- Create workflows that ensure a smooth day-to-day output from your team, from sourcing or creating eye-catching imagery to writing and editing social posts that showcase BoF’s differentiating, authoritative content to deft scheduling and mapping out campaigns.
- Spearhead new ideas and initiatives to engage with the BoF community, adapting our BoF content to spur conversations and debate across all types of social media
- Help develop and deploy the BoF analytics playbook monitoring our social and community-building impact and growth
- Have a strong command of key workflow and analytic tools and technologies
Who you are
In this new role for BoF, you will:
- Demonstrate your journalistic curiosity in and knowledge of the fashion industry’s key trends, risks and opportunities.
- Have strong experience in social media to lead daily content creation across all social media platforms.
- Create and develop versatile strategies for each platform as well as for our website, events and other audience development channels.
- Master the crafting, editing and delivery of posts to amplify BoF’s industry leadership with an approach that is clear, compelling, insightful and aesthetically engaging.
- Be adept at identifying and using critical workflow, analytics and other technologies
- Excel at communicating and collaborating with multiple internal and external stakeholders.
- Be highly skilled in translating content for social channels, whilst understanding nuances of each social platform for both B2B and B2C audiences.
- Enjoy and encourage collaboration with cross functional internal teams such as design and commercial, to produce content.
- Have experience in speaking and presenting to multi-level stakeholders at BoF.
- Thrive in a fast-paced global Editorial environment and a flexible, pragmatic mindset.
- Respond to global breaking news outside of working hours.
You’ll know you’re successful when
- Key Performance Indicators show increasing and impactful levels of audience engagement.
- The production of daily posts on key channels including but not limited to Twitter, Instagram, TikTok and LinkedIn is smooth.
- All social goals for BoF’s projects including those in Commercial and Marketing are met with high standards of accuracy, timeliness and impact.
- BoF’s social media road map is clear and dynamic, with cross-functional buy-in and support.
We are open to receiving applications from candidates both in London, United Kingdom and New York, NY, USA. Please apply if based in either location.