About us: The Evening Standard is an iconic London brand, recognised as setting the agenda in politics and business, as well as being first with lifestyle content, major news and sports stories.
We are UK’s largest quality daily and online newspaper, with one of the fastest growing audiences in the UK. We provide brands and marketers with an unparalleled gateway to London's high-value audiences through digital, print, social and events. ES Magazine, Homes and Property and ecommerce platform ES Best are all market leading in their fields, and add to the compelling Evening Standard portfolio.
We are proud of our history and firmly set on a future that is focused on growing audiences and revenue with a digital first entrepreneurial approach.
The Studio 1827 team
Story Studio is divided into three areas: design, project management and content. The culture is can do, fast-paced and focused on creating great work that works for our clients. We pride ourselves on being creative, flexible and effective.
- You are an experienced and skilled lifestyle journalist with excellent writing, commissioning and editing skills.
- You have a proven track record in creating compelling content for print, digital and social channels across multiple content verticals.
- You are comfortable working across multi-media platforms and able to work within set brand guidelines.
- You have experience of working in a fast-paced environment with tight, multiple deadlines and project management.
You will help clients tell their brand story or create contextual content for their brand messaging. You will do this by commissioning and editing content that represents all the key content verticals across our print, digital and social media platforms.
We strive to create content that engages and excites and we believe that all content should be first and foremost interesting and inviting to the reader. You will bring that vision to life.
- Commission commercial native features and advertorials for all platforms.
- Edit and rewrite copy for digital, print and social media channels.
- Work across key Evening Standard lifestyle content verticals – including fashion, beauty, food, fitness, health Attend brainstorm, idea workshops and put forward ideas.
- Build an influencer network: bloggers and celebrities that we can commission as contributors.
- Liaise with and manage freelancers, when required.
- Keep abreast of competitor activity and bring fresh thinking to the business.
- Run photo and video shoots as required.
Skills and experience
- Excellent knowledge of InDesign and CMS platforms
- Excellent knowledge of all social media platforms
- Good under pressure and able to work quickly and accurately
- Good commercial acumen
- Good team player
- Good communicator
- Experience of photo and video shoots would be an advantage.
Continuous Improvement – Works in a smart, flexible and focused way, is open to change and suggests ideas for improvements to the way things are done.
Collaboration – Builds and maintains positive and supportive working relationships with colleagues. Helps to create an inclusive and professional work environment.
Building Capability – Keeps own knowledge and skill set current and evolving and looks for ways to continue learning to support the achievement of business objectives.
Quality Service – Delivers high quality and efficient service and takes account of the diverse customer needs and requirements when looking at ways to improve service quality.
Responsive Delivery - Works to agreed business goals and objectives and deals with challenges in a constructive and responsive way. Takes personal responsibility for quality of outputs.
To apply, please send an up to date CV along with a full covering letter with salary expectations. Due to the high volume of applications we will only be contacting candidates who have been shortlisted and progressed through to the next stage.
Location: You will be based at our Head office in Kensington, London, W8.
Evening Standard is an equal opportunities employer, if you require any reasonable adjustments to complete your application, please do not hesitate to advise us accordingly.
All of our employees are entitled to a range of great benefits including private healthcare and life insurance schemes. We also offer flexible working, cycle to work and season ticket loan initiatives to make our employees’ journeys to work easier. We want our employees to enjoy working for us and we invest in training and development to support and develop rewarding careers, with course such as Respect at Work, and Managing in a Creative Business.