Investor's Business Daily is seeking a Digital Editor to join our newsroom as we expand and innovate how we reach online readers and profitably grow organic traffic and engagement on the Investors.com website. Our journalists serve an audience of self-directed investors, delivering news, stock analysis, market insights and educational content to help them make more money in the stock market. This position is expected to be remote; however, working from IBD's Los Angeles headquarters also is an option.
Digital Editor - Platforms & Engagement
About the Role/Position:
The Digital Editor - Platforms & Engagement will play a key role in editing, writing and packaging content in creative and visually engaging ways for platforms such as Google Web Stories and social networks as well as for IBD's website. The ideal candidate understands the latest ways readers are consuming news and the best practices that help stories thrive on various platforms. The Digital Editor will use real-time and historical metrics to gauge content success and guide strategies.
- Select articles, videos or podcasts to showcase on third-party platforms and onsite, such as on the home page or topic pages. Google Web Stories will be a key responsibility.
- Write engaging headlines, bullet points, summaries and introductions to entice readers to click through to content.
- Use real-time and historical content performance metrics to track your content and make adjustments as needed.
- Collaborate with other IBD editors and reporters, as well as other teams at IBD and affiliates, to plan and execute content strategies that bring readers to Investors.com, keep them engaged and help them succeed as investors.
- May create new web pages, content or story formats to attract readers and increase engagement.
- Perform other editing as needed.
Bachelor's degree from an accredited four-year college or university, or equivalent practical experience.
- At least three years of experience as a reporter, editor or social media editor.
- Strong editorial judgment, attention to detail and accuracy in your writing and editing.
- Excellent writing skills, including headline writing.
- Solid understanding of SEO, social media and platforms with the ability to execute best practices for our particular business, using analytic tools and other relevant software and platforms.
- Understanding of the stock market and 24-hour business news cycle is a big plus.
- Applicants should send a resume, cover letter, and portfolio of their work.
- Proficient in data analytics tools such as Parse.ly, Adobe Analytics, Google Analytics, Chartbeat, Facebook Insights and Twitter analytics.
- Awareness of current design, visual and content trends in web, mobile, social and other platforms.
Dow Jones , Making Careers Newsworthy
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status. EEO/AA/M/F/Disabled/Vets .
Dow Jones is committed to providing reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities, in our job application and/or interview process. If you need assistance or accommodation in completing your application, due to a disability, please reach out to us at TalentResourceTeam@dowjones.com. Please put "Reasonable Accommodation" in the subject line.
Business Area: Investor's Business Daily
Job Category: News/Editorial Group
Since 1882, Dow Jones has been finding new ways to bring information to the world's top business entities. Beginning as a niche news agency in an obscure Wall Street basement, Dow Jones has grown to be a worldwide news and information powerhouse, with prestigious brands including The Wall Street Journal, Dow Jones Newswires, Factiva, Barron's, MarketWatch and Financial News.
This longevity and success is due to a relentless pursuit of accuracy, depth and innovation, enhanced by the wisdom of past experience and a solid grasp on the future ahead. More than its individual brands, Dow Jones is a modern gateway to intelligence, with innovative technology, advanced data feeds, integrated solutions, expert research, award-winning journalism and customizable apps and delivery systems to bring the information that matters most to customers, when and where they need it, every day.
If you are a current employee at Dow Jones, do not apply here. Please go to the Career section on your Workday homepage and view "Find Jobs - Dow Jones." Thank you.
Req ID: 27168