Dow Jones is looking for a senior research analyst to join a department specializing in capital markets' research and supporting our growing sustainability offering. You will coordinate across Dow Jones to leverage our in-house markets data and proprietary ESG scoring methodology as well as the global news reporting capabilities of The Wall Street Journal, Dow Jones Newswires, Barrons and Marketwatch. This position requires an understanding of multiple formats including real-time short insights, long-form thematic research reports and presentations or webinars. The team is currently formed by five research analysts and one data science analyst.
You will play an important role in creating proprietary research, both in terms of sustainability and broader capital markets' themes. You may be asked to represent the team at internal and external webinars and events. You will be expected to be fully autonomous with very little supervision. You will work closely with the research analysts and the rest of the team and will help raise the overall quality of the research content of the team. We're looking for someone who will bring deep and demonstrable experience in creating sharp, thoughtful and timely research. Preference will be given to applicants with at least 4 years of buy or sell-side research and/or ESG/sustainability research experience.
- Perform in-depth research and write high-quality market analysis
- Identify data-driven insights and trends from large data sets, with a focus on actionability, quality and accuracy
- Create ESG and capital markets' research content, including short and quasi-real time pieces and longer-formats such as thematic research, industry reports or similar
- Keep abreast of related news flow to identify opportunities for special reports and updates as needed based on implications of news/industry developments
- Represent the team at internal and external webinars and events
- At least 4-years' professional experience in a buy or sell-side or ESG/sustainability research environment
- Degree in Business Administration, Finance, Accounting, Statistics/Math, Economics or related field of study
- Experience producing research commentary addressing capital markets and/or ESG/sustainability thematic topics, such as climate change, natural capital, diversity and inclusion or supply chain
- Strong analytical skills, with advanced Excel skills a minimum requirement. Additional data science and programming skills highly desirable
- Completion of one or more professional designation
Dow Jones , Making Careers Newsworthy
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status. EEO/AA/M/F/Disabled/Vets .
Dow Jones is committed to providing reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities, in our job application and/or interview process. If you need assistance or accommodation in completing your application, due to a disability, please reach out to us at TalentResourceTeam@dowjones.com. Please put "Reasonable Accommodation" in the subject line.
Business Area: NEWS/WSJ
Job Category: Data/Content Group
Since 1882, Dow Jones has been finding new ways to bring information to the world's top business entities. Beginning as a niche news agency in an obscure Wall Street basement, Dow Jones has grown to be a worldwide news and information powerhouse, with prestigious brands including The Wall Street Journal, Dow Jones Newswires, Factiva, Barron's, MarketWatch and Financial News.
This longevity and success is due to a relentless pursuit of accuracy, depth and innovation, enhanced by the wisdom of past experience and a solid grasp on the future ahead. More than its individual brands, Dow Jones is a modern gateway to intelligence, with innovative technology, advanced data feeds, integrated solutions, expert research, award-winning journalism and customizable apps and delivery systems to bring the information that matters most to customers, when and where they need it, every day.
If you are a current employee at Dow Jones, do not apply here. Please go to the Career section on your Workday homepage and view "Find Jobs - Dow Jones." Thank you.
Req ID: 27445