Qualified candidate will be responsible for the accurate and timely application of customer payments and resolution of unapplied cash items according to established policies and procedures. Research and bring to full resolution all print and digital subscribers' credit card chargebacks (disputes) from various payment and circulation systems and products.
- Processing of cash receipts and postings to customer accounts for payments made by credit card, lockbox and direct deposits.
- Knowledge of accounting principles and journals required.
- Ability to read bank statements and knowledge in bank reconciliation preferred.
- Experience in dealing with adjustments to customer accounts for credits/debits and account write-offs.
- Work with other departments as well as operations to troubleshoot and resolve customer payment discrepancies.
- Balancing reports, documents and on-line data systems to research problems.
- Oversee deposit reconciliations to the general ledger, lockbox and records and other month-end procedures.
- Be a liaison between order-to-cash and procure to pay processes.
- Address/Resolve on account cash proactively
- Support AR for compliance and audit purposes.
- Timely manage items in the American Express and Paymentech credit card chargeback work queues or reports.
- Perform research to determine underlying reason(s) for chargebacks and assess steps required to resolve dispute.
- Maintain appropriate documentation of chargeback items processed.
- Contact subscribers/customer service and/or credit card processor as deemed appropriate to resolve the credit card disputes.
- Provide support as requested to assist with completing the monthly chargeback reconciliation analysis.
- Identify opportunities for improvement
- Maintain a thorough working knowledge of all aspects of billing and collection
- Work well with others and be a positive team player towards shared goals, developing, gaining and demonstrating respect for others within the team.
Skills & Experience
- SAP Financials, Billing and AR Experience
- Background in Accounts Receivable and billing system preferred
- Experience in operating in a global organization, with process participants that may be located around the world.
- Ability to manipulate and interpret data as well as communicating analytical results/recommendations.
- Ability to research independently customer disputes
- Ability to learn quickly and use a variety of systems
- Ability to adapt to constantly changing environments & priorities
- Excellent communication, organization and time management skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office products, Excel is a must
- Media Company/OTC experience a plus
- High Customer Service Mindset
- Bachelor's Degree preferred but relevant experience that will commensurate with the qualification can be considered.
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in a Cash Application/Billing/Accounts Receivable functions
Dow Jones , Making Careers Newsworthy
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status. EEO/AA/M/F/Disabled/Vets .
Dow Jones is committed to providing reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities, in our job application and/or interview process. If you need assistance or accommodation in completing your application, due to a disability, please reach out to us at TalentResourceTeam@dowjones.com. Please put "Reasonable Accommodation" in the subject line.
Business Area: FINANCE
Job Category: Finance Group
Since 1882, Dow Jones has been finding new ways to bring information to the world's top business entities. Beginning as a niche news agency in an obscure Wall Street basement, Dow Jones has grown to be a worldwide news and information powerhouse, with prestigious brands including The Wall Street Journal, Dow Jones Newswires, Factiva, Barron's, MarketWatch and Financial News.
This longevity and success is due to a relentless pursuit of accuracy, depth and innovation, enhanced by the wisdom of past experience and a solid grasp on the future ahead. More than its individual brands, Dow Jones is a modern gateway to intelligence, with innovative technology, advanced data feeds, integrated solutions, expert research, award-winning journalism and customizable apps and delivery systems to bring the information that matters most to customers, when and where they need it, every day.
If you are a current employee at Dow Jones, do not apply here. Please go to the Career section on your Workday homepage and view "Find Jobs - Dow Jones." Thank you.
Req ID: 27438