It is a really exciting time to join the Reach family. Due to our sustained growth and our ambitious future growth plans, we are now looking for an experienced Content Editor to join us, covering the South East region as part of our network of Live brands.
This role exists to lead our teams of content writers in delivering content which informs, inspires, indulges and informs our readers about their local lives. This includes managing content, developing teams and ensuring audience targets are delivered every month.
This role will be home based and due to the nature of the position this candidate will need to live in the local area.
Please note we will be reviewing applications for this role as applications are submitted. Due to this the role may close without notice, so please don't delay in your application.
So, who are we?
Hello, we are Reach! You might not have heard of us but we have probably met without you even realising it. We are home to the UK and Ireland’s most iconic digital platforms, magazines and newspapers. From the Mirror, Daily Express and OK!, to our regional titles such as the Liverpool Echo, BirminghamLive and the Manchester Evening News (plus lots more), our brands and the stories we cover are as varied as our people.
We help all kinds of people share experiences through our stories because we believe this is what makes us human. Oh, and we should probably also mention that with a monthly readership of 47 million people, Reach is the largest commercial publisher in the UK. At Reach, not only will you feel better understood, you will also feel you understand other people better too.
What will the role involve?
- Lead newsrooms in producing content which engages readers and reaches as many people as possible.
- Publish content online, and ensure published to Reach digital publishing standards are met at all times
- Ensure IPSO standards are met at all times, and every piece of content is legally sound
- Manage home pages and audience engagement channels (social, newsletters etc) as and when required
- Mentor and develop reporters and others reporting directly in
- Taking accountability for the fair and consistent application of all our people policies, procedures and processes.
- Fostering a high-performance culture by setting clear expectations and having in-the-moment performance discussions.
- Developing a culture of trust, where people are safe to speak up, clear on their role in the team’s success and empowered to be their best at work.
- Rewarding and recognising great performance, celebrating people’s achievements and successes.
- Ensuring the continued development of team members, supporting them to reach their full potential.
- Partnering with our HR team to attract, develop and maintain the best talent to help the business achieve its goals, now and in the future. Including monitoring engagement and using employee feedback to continually improve.
- Acting as a role model and taking a lead on change initiatives to support the group’s strategy and our employees.
The Ideal Candidate
Who are we looking for?
- First-class content editing experience
- Strong people management skills - essential to get this job
- Digital publishing skills
- Social media skills
- Passion for digital storytelling in local journalism
- NCTJ or equivalent qualification
- Deep knowledge of media law
- Strong local knowledge
- Communication, including written, face-to-face, presentation skills and the ability to cascade consistent messages for maximum impact.
We are offering a competitive salary and benefits including;
- 25 days holiday per annum
- Contributory pension scheme
- Free wellbeing apps and coaching support
- Inclusion Networks and Champions, giving all employees a voice
- Simply Health Healthcare Cashplan
- Holiday purchase scheme
- Plus lots of high street discounts!
Reach plc believes diversity brings benefits for our customers, our business and our people. This is why we are committed to being an inclusive employer and encourage applications from all suitable applicants irrespective of background, circumstances, age, disability, gender identity, ethnicity, religion or belief and sexual orientation.