Reporter: Insurance Insider
Insurance Insider is looking for an ambitious and determined reporter to join its editorial team in London.
The team is focused on providing unrivalled market intelligence and real-time insight to senior professionals in the insurance sector based on broad networks of sources and deep knowledge of the industry.
Our mantra is to ensure our readers know first, and understand better.
Our collaborative and award-winning reporting team has deep connections with the industry we report on, staying close to the insurance market to dig up news tips and break stories that move markets.
We are looking for a news-hungry journalist who wants to get to the story first and is comfortable operating at speed in an environment where there is a high tariff on mistakes.
Prior experience of financial markets reporting is preferred, but an existing knowledge of insurance is not expected. We will also consider recent graduates who are willing to work hard and are keen to learn.
The ideal candidate is likely to be someone with a willingness to acquire a strong technical understanding of the industry to engage with market participants and provide high-value content to subscribers.
The reporter will operate under the oversight of the News Desk Editor and Managing Editor.
The reporter will:
- Contribute to the Insurance Insider news desk by quickly turning over accurate newswire copy
- Build, maintain and work a network of industry contacts to source exclusive news content and enhance sector understanding
- Progressively deepen understanding of the sector by reading, studying and talking to other staff in the company and industry contacts
- Play an initially small but growing role over time in the contribution of smart news analysis pieces to add value for our readers
- Travel abroad for infrequent business trips and conferences, when Covid restrictions allow
A successful candidate will have:
- The ability to write clean, concise and accurate copy quickly
- The ability to use internet aggregation tools and emails effectively to scan the internet to generate on-diary news content
- A good telephone manner and the ability to present themselves confidently and professionally to senior industry contacts
- A determination to win and a desire to be part of a cohesive team focused on delivering first-class journalism
Insider Publishing Group is a unit of NextGen, part of FTSE-250 journalism, events, research and data business Euromoney Institutional Investor.
The award-winning unit employs 18 journalists and analysts across its London and New York teams, and has continued to deliver top and bottom-line growth this financial year despite the impact of the pandemic.
To apply, please email a CV and covering letter to Insurance Insider News Desk Editor Jim Robinson.