Digital Producer (Visual)
Digital Producer (Visual)
Location: The I Headquarters – London
In return for their energy and ideas we ensure our people are well rewarded. Our benefits package increases the longer you’ve been with us. Here’s what to expect:
- 25 days’ holiday (increasing by 1 per year up to a total of 30)
- Upon joining you will be automatically enrolled onto the Pension Plan at the minimum level of 5% employee contribution, 3% Company contribution.
- Life cover under the Pension Plan of up to 3x your basic salary.
- DMGT Discounts (for discounts on online shopping, vouchers and reloadable cards)
- Subsidised canteen
- Onsite gym (Northcliffe House only)
- Onsite nurse and GP clinics (Northcliffe House only)
- Our Employee Assistance Programme
- Discounted dining cards
Plus many other benefits….
i is looking for a Digital Picture Producer to support our growing website and app. Working closely with our News and Audience teams, you will have a solid understanding of news gathering, and previous picture research and editing experience in a fast-paced digital news environment, as well as an interest in politics and current affairs.
- Work across digital platforms to supply visual content as needed
- Able to prioritise tasks in a fast-paced and changing environment
- Proactively carrying out picture research
- Monitoring picture feeds – highlighting breaking news and other relevant images to department heads
- Produce/pitch engaging and original picture stories
- Ensure that all visual content across the website and app is of the highest possible standard
- Support the editorial team in best practice around picture choice and management
- Ensure images are properly captioned in the image database
- Manage budgets and report agency fees to ensure invoices are paid
- Picture research or editing experience working on a digital news publication
- An expert eye for spotting the most interesting pictures to complement our journalism
- A passion for generating original ideas for image-led content and the ability to communicate stories in the most engaging and shareable way
- Experience working in a CMS at pace
- Good knowledge of Photoshop
- Sound technical knowledge of picture management and web publishing systems
- Understanding of legal covenants such as copyright law, the UK Editors’ Code of Practice, media law, and editorial guidelines in the UK and globally
- A working knowledge of UK & global picture agencies
At 10 years old, i is Britain's youngest national newspaper and website. We publish reporting, opinion and in-depth features for an intelligent audience. Growing in influence and profitable, in 2020 i was named Britain’s most trusted national news brand (PAMCo), Daily Newspaper of the Year (London Press Club) and News Website of the Year (Online Media Awards). i now has an opportunity to grow again with investment in our original journalism under new owners - so we are looking to recruit to our ambitious editorial team.
We are committed to increasing diversity and maintaining an inclusive workplace culture. We welcome applications from all qualified candidates regardless of their ethnicity, race, gender, religious beliefs, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability.
We are Disability Confident Committed. Please let us know if you require any recruitment documentation in other formats or if you require reasonable adjustments to be made during the recruitment process. Please be assured that any such information will be held separately to your recruitment application and will not be considered as part of the selection process.