As a Digital Sub-Editor, you'll be responsible for subbing and publishing digital content across the Telegraph's News, Politics and Foreign output.
This production role ensures our written content is produced to the highest standard in a timely way, ranging from breaking news to sculpting long-form content. Working in a fast-moving and often pressurised environment, you will be capable of publishing numerous stories a day with accuracy and flair.
You will have the chance to work across a variety of content in a fast-paced, expanding team and alongside some of the country’s best journalists in their field. This is an exciting challenge to make a real impact in driving subscriptions in a globally renowned organisation that puts quality first.
The nature of our industry means life at the Telegraph Media Group is fast-paced, demanding, and interesting. We also want it to be rewarding for everyone who works here. From dynamic working opportunities, medical cover, and equal parental pay (six months fully paid for mothers and fathers), to life assurance, and season ticket loans, you can choose from a range of flexible benefits, designed to support your lifestyle and help you achieve a healthy work-life balance.
Training and development
With support from your manager and colleagues, you’ll also have access to a variety of training and development opportunities through The Academy. Covering a range of personal and professional skills, our courses enable you to develop an enjoyable and rewarding career.
Our commitment to inclusion
We want you to feel you belong here and welcome candidates from all backgrounds.
We have a number of internal networks that are totally inclusive and open for anyone to join. These include internal inclusion networks covering employees from ethnic minority backgrounds, working families, LGBTQ+, disabilities and long-term conditions, gender, wellbeing, and women in tech.
Your wellbeing is paramount, so we have trained over 100 Mental Health First Aiders in the last two years to help support our employees. We’ve also signed the Tech Talent Charter, and are committed to driving greater inclusion and diversity in tech.
- Ensure copy is accurate and brilliantly presented, writing sharp, digital-friendly headlines and making use of the best pictures, video and other multimedia assets.
- Work within the subbing team to ensure priorities are met and that content is optimised for a digital audience.
- Generate creative solutions to presenting content online.
- Experience of writing and sub-editing stories on digital platforms.
- Experience of working in news at regional, trade or national level.
- Quick, accurate subbing and writing of headlines.
- Digital publishing skills needed, including knowledge of creating embeds such as info boxes, polls, number graphics, etc.
- Enthusiasm, imagination and digital ideas are all essential.
- Able to respond well under pressure and adhere to strict deadlines.
- Understanding of social media and SEO.
- Strong news sense and judgement.
The Telegraph’s goal is to foster a diverse and inclusive workplace and we are committed to building a team that reflects a wide variety of skills, perspectives, and backgrounds.
We are an equal opportunities employer, hiring solely on merit and business need. We encourage applications regardless of sex, gender identity, ethnicity, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, pregnancy, parenthood, and disability. If you require reasonable adjustments in any recruitment process with us, please make us aware.
For more information on our purpose, beliefs, and people values, please visit our website.