Cultureshock is the arts and culture content agency, with 20 years’ experience of working with cultural institutions, global brands, corporate companies and their partners. We use our in-depth knowledge of the arts and culture sector to design and create content that attracts, engages and retains audiences for cultural brands.
Our team of arts and culture specialists create and distribute content – whether it’s magazines, books, websites or films – that is commercially viable, of the highest editorial standard, immediately credible, creative, fresh and bold.
We have over 25 creative and publishing specialists in our London office, as well as representatives in LA and New York, who have worked with many of the worlds' leading brands.
About the role
We are looking for an experienced, motivated, calm and approachable production editor to join our agency team.
The role will be to co-ordinate the production of a fast-paced and diverse publishing programme: magazines, web content, books, data research and social media campaigns.
High levels of organisation, attention to detail and a passion for culture and publishing are essential.
Key responsibilities include:
• Managing a cross-company production schedule and co-ordinating the departments
• Ensuring that all Cultureshock print and digital products are produced to a high standard: grammar, spelling, style, style guides, accuracy; and that our products are well packaged (headlines, captions, choice of images and so on)
• Sub-editing, or overseeing the sub-editing of, all publications and content Cultureshock produces
• Identifying and booking freelance production staff: sub-editors, picture researchers, photoshoot co-ordination and so on
• Monitoring progress of projects, including financial reporting (where relevant)
• Liaising with clients on the progress of projects and communicating with the internal teams at the agency to ensure expectations are met
• Supporting the editorial, design, film and commercial teams to deliver projects to a high standard, on time and on budget
• Managing multiple style guides
• Implementing training where required
Key personal skills:
• A good team player able to persuade and lead by example
• Highly organised and efficient; always deadline-driven
• Pays meticulous attention to detail alongside the bigger picture
• Excellent communication skills for liaison with colleagues, contractors and clients
• Genuine passion for the arts and culture sectors
• Literate and numerate
Key technical skills:
• At least five years experience as a senior sub-editor or production editor, preferably on daily, weekly or monthly titles
• Experience of web publishing (including using a Content Management System and Digital Assets Management System)
• Working knowledge of copyright and (preferably) media law
• Excellent print and digital sub-editing skills (grammar, style, style guides, accuracy, furniture, search engine optimisation and tagging)
• Excellent In-Design, good Photoshop, good Excel
• Good knowledge of social media platforms, apps etc
• Experience of liaising with printers and preparing hi-res print-ready PDFs
Job Type: full-time