TradeWinds is seeking an experienced reporter, likely to be based in London, to deepen its coverage of key shipping markets and closely related issues. We require a dynamic and versatile journalist with excellent news gathering skills, and the ability to work with initiative both on their own and collaboratively with colleagues.
TradeWinds is the leading subscription publication for the global shipping industry, owned by Norway’s NHST Media Group. It also owns the financial daily Dagens Naeringsliv and a portfolio of specialist business titles centred around the ocean industries and blue economy.
We pride ourselves on high standards of reporting and insightful commentary. We are digital first, with print continuing to play an important part in our product portfolio, alongside webinars and physical events. As a group we have an ambitious growth strategy across our whole range of specialistic business publications.
- Research and write a full range of news, feature and commentary stories for publication online and in our weekly newspaper and periodical magazine TW+.
- Lead coverage of a key shipping sector to be determined and contribute to overall coverage.
- Development of a network of relevant contacts across business, government, and civil society.
- Report with accuracy, to deadline and to appropriate length and style.
- Generate content and contacts through travel to key industry events, press conferences and site visits.
- Contribute to the planning and delivery of TradeWinds’ conferences and events.
- Promote TradeWinds material and activities through social media.
- Excellent news judgement and deep understanding of business issues to generate a strong file for our subscribers.
- A proven track record of generating compelling journalism in a fast-moving news environment.
- Ability to move between fast-moving breaking news and long-form features and interviews.
- A keen eye for detail, grammar and accuracy.
- Ability to work independently while taking guidance, suggestions and direction from senior colleagues.
- Advanced digital skills and understanding of how to use digital tools to enhance reader experience and loyalty.
- Experience with multi-media, including video and audio, an advantage.
- Ability to work fast and accurately under pressure.
- Robust knowledge of journalism law.
A competitive salary package is available, in line with skills and experience.
Contact Editor-in-Chief Julian Bray with letter and CV.