99% of traditional PR is pointless. Deliberate PR - the UK’s leading agency for bringing remarkable Nordic and German startups and scaleups into the English-speaking world - delivers meaningful exposure: in sync with what innovative companies actually need, deserve, and can leverage as part of their journey from early-stage and seed-funded to unicorn status.
Accelerated growth means that we are seeking ambitious candidates to join our Consumer, Tech, and Business teams. Account Executives, Senior Account Executives, Account Managers, Senior Account Managers, Account Directors welcome.
Our company is a close-knit, creative team that works with a range of exciting start-ups from Scandinavia and Europe, as well as the US.
With a strong focus on harnessing and setting the news agenda, candidates will need to have a good understanding of the UK and international media landscape.
In return you will find a workplace that genuinely values the creativity and insight of all team members and gives everyone the chance to contribute exciting and challenging ideas to campaigns. This young, vibrant agency prides itself on delivering consistently creative work that helps clients attract potential investors, partners, and employees, whilst also engaging with target end users. The atmosphere at Deliberate is one of self-starting autonomy and enthusiasm, so a candidate for this role must be self-assertive and determined.
There is a highly reactive element to this role, with an emphasis on responding to (directly and tangentially) relevant stories which emerge within the news cycle.
- Overall client servicing and planning
- Coordinating strategy and outreach with colleagues within Tech Media, Business Media Consumer Media, and Creative teams
- Managing the media programme and pitching to relevant media
- Writing and editing client documentation, including presentations, key messages, Q&A, press releases etc.
- On behalf of clients, researching and analysing competitors and presenting findings
- Preparing briefing documents for clients in advance of interviews
- Providing strategic advice to clients
- Mentoring and supporting junior team members
- Potentially attending international meetings (in US, Berlin, and Scandinavia)
- Minimum of 2+ years experience and a proven track record
- Must have a keen interest in the interlinked nature of the news cycle, technology, social media, and global business trends
- The ability to think on your feet and respond to breaking news stories on behalf of clients
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Confidence in assisting the running of accounts and giving strategic counsel to clients
- Experience in handling new business and onboarding new clients
Because of the reactive nature of our work, you must be prepared to make phone calls to media during which you can compellingly and accurately discuss our extraordinary clients. We don’t spam email journalists!
Working at DPR
- Opportunities for business travel
- Internal training and mentorships
- Subsidised gym membership
- 20 days holiday + up to 28 over time
- ‘Free’ days off between Christmas and New Year when the office is closed
- Day off on your Birthday
- Breakfast provided daily
- Fridge/cupboard full of snacks and treats
- Drinks every Friday
- Monthly development lunches
- Quarterly creative dinner/drink sessions
Want to find out more? Click APPLY NOW and send us your CV and cover letter telling us which role you'd like to apply for.