Additional requirements include:
- Proven ability to translate abstract topics into an engaging visual presentation in digital and print
- Experience producing content for a sophisticated audience
- At least 7 years working in design
- Minimum three years in a newsroom working with editorial staff and content
- Background in managing and hiring a team of design, graphics and other visual talent
- Basic knowledge of HTML and CSS
- Deep connection to the visual media industry, including with photographers and illustrators
- Proficient in Adobe InDesign, Illustrator and Photoshop
- At ease working in a CMS, e.g., Wordpress
- Advanced data visualization and infographics skills, ability to make GIFs
- Interest in and understanding of financial world
Dow Jones , Making Careers Newsworthy
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status. EEO/AA/M/F/Disabled/Vets .
Dow Jones is committed to providing reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities, in our job application and/or interview process. If you need assistance or accommodation in completing your application, due to a disability, please reach out to us at TalentResourceTeam@dowjones.com. Please put "Reasonable Accommodation" in the subject line.
Business Area: BG - BARRON'S
Job Category: Art/Graphics Group
Since 1882, Dow Jones has been finding new ways to bring information to the world's top business entities. Beginning as a niche news agency in an obscure Wall Street basement, Dow Jones has grown to be a worldwide news and information powerhouse, with prestigious brands including The Wall Street Journal, Dow Jones Newswires, Factiva, Barron's, MarketWatch and Financial News.
This longevity and success is due to a relentless pursuit of accuracy, depth and innovation, enhanced by the wisdom of past experience and a solid grasp on the future ahead. More than its individual brands, Dow Jones is a modern gateway to intelligence, with innovative technology, advanced data feeds, integrated solutions, expert research, award-winning journalism and customizable apps and delivery systems to bring the information that matters most to customers, when and where they need it, every day.
If you are a current employee at Dow Jones, do not apply here. Please go to the Career section on your Workday homepage and view "Find Jobs - Dow Jones." Thank you.
Req ID: 27640