Newsweek is looking for a Live Blogs Editor to join our London team.
The ideal candidate will have extensive experience covering major news, politics and pop culture events through live blogs and will be adept at writing and editing real-time stories in a fast-paced newsroom environment.
They will be a digital native aware of the latest internet trends and conversations. The candidate will be familiar with responding to both breaking news and future planning for major events.
The Live Blogs Editor will be expected to spearhead Newsweek’s live blogs in the London bureau and make sure all updates are both turned around quickly and to the highest standard. They will show sound editorial judgment and a comprehensive understanding of media law.
The candidate will be responsible for ensuring high-quality coverage that is accurate, fair, and conforms to accepted standards of journalism.
- Write, commission and edit live blogs in various topics, including news, politics and pop culture events
- React to breaking news
- Scour multiple social media for information and emerging trends around major news conversations
- Assign and oversee all updates on Newsweek’s live blogs
- Check facts and sources and ensure content is of the highest possible standard
- Forward planning for future events
- Experience in an editing role for a reputable organization
- Familiarity covering U.S. news and trends
- Experience of various social media platforms
- Detailed knowledge of SEO
- Capable of working to tight deadlines
- Must be able to work flexible hours