The Dow Jones People team is currently seeking a Senior Compensation Analyst to support the compensation team in the development, implementation and administration of a full range of compensation programs. This role will support the administration of salary, bonus and sales incentive plans. Support participation in compensation surveys. Conducts job analysis. Provides recommendations in pay to new hires and current employees. Subject Matter Expertise is critical and comprehension of the fluidity of jobs and job market. This role will be critically involved in the year end processes and be front facing to senior level executives. Data integrity acumen is critical for this role.
Under minimal supervision, with full autonomy of their work, the ideal candidate is smart, quick, and accurately carries out procedure, and is able to anticipate and troubleshoot problems. Finally, the candidate must love learning, reading, media and entertainment - we are a leading global publishing company after all, and our parent company is News Corporation.
Position Title: Senior Compensation Analyst
Position Location: Princeton, NJ
- Under minimal supervision, review and provide thoughtful and holistic recommendations in pay across assigned client groups for new hires, promotions, and pay adjustments; utilizing best practices in pay and compensation in doing so
- Ongoing job analysis, job evaluation and market pricing of global positions
- Integral team member in the annual processes which includes merit, adjustment and promotion increases
- Analyze market trends and provide recommendations in strategic approach in pay excellence.
- Analyze Dow Jones global pay practices and provide summaries on pay including trends on business spend, allocations of higher merit increases. Provide metrics on Dow Jones pay trends globally.
- Drive rewards & recognition strategy including intention, program timing, and collaboration with the business to utilize.
- Drive the accruals for the Annual Incentive Plan and Long Term Incentive Plans and plan design including eligibility, meaningful target amounts, metrics, and payout timing.
- Maintain ongoing data integrity within HRIS tool (Workday)
- Understand and manage survey requirements
- 3-5 years of compensation experience
- Comprehension of the facets of Human Resources including Total Rewards, Talent Acquisition, Business Partners, Training, and Organizational Development. It is critical that this candidate is familiar with how these teams operate cohesively.
- Ability to independently own work and problem solve with minimal guidance required
- Knowledge of annual salary/bonus processes required.
- Knowledge of corporate bonus structures and sales incentive compensation required.
- Experience evaluating markets and trends affecting compensation.
- Strong analytical skills using both qualitative and quantitative data and capability to independently problem solve and make recommendations with high attention to detail
- Understanding of employment laws, regulations, FLSA, and executive orders enforced by the OFCCP, EEOC, and other agencies required
- Demonstrated experience and/or understanding of full employee lifecycle (recruiting - termination)
- Experience with HRIS systems (Experience with Workday a plus)
- Experience with reporting/analytical tools, i.e. Access, Excel, Google Sheets, etc is a plus
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Excellent interpersonal skills; able to build strong business relationships with internal customers, external agencies, and vendors
- Ability to multitask in a fast paced environment; excellent task management and prioritization skills
- Working knowledge of US and international compensation.
- Experience with a global organization desired.
- Project management experience a plus
Dow Jones , Making Careers Newsworthy
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status. EEO/AA/M/F/Disabled/Vets .
Dow Jones is committed to providing reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities, in our job application and/or interview process. If you need assistance or accommodation in completing your application, due to a disability, please reach out to us at TalentResourceTeam@dowjones.com. Please put "Reasonable Accommodation" in the subject line.
Business Area: PEOPLE
Job Category: Human Resources Group
Since 1882, Dow Jones has been finding new ways to bring information to the world's top business entities. Beginning as a niche news agency in an obscure Wall Street basement, Dow Jones has grown to be a worldwide news and information powerhouse, with prestigious brands including The Wall Street Journal, Dow Jones Newswires, Factiva, Barron's, MarketWatch and Financial News.
This longevity and success is due to a relentless pursuit of accuracy, depth and innovation, enhanced by the wisdom of past experience and a solid grasp on the future ahead. More than its individual brands, Dow Jones is a modern gateway to intelligence, with innovative technology, advanced data feeds, integrated solutions, expert research, award-winning journalism and customizable apps and delivery systems to bring the information that matters most to customers, when and where they need it, every day.
If you are a current employee at Dow Jones, do not apply here. Please go to the Career section on your Workday homepage and view "Find Jobs - Dow Jones." Thank you.
Req ID: 27671