Newsweek is seeking a diligent Fact Check Reporter to join its growing fact-checking operation.
The successful candidate will write informative, well-evidenced articles that fact check claims gaining attention online and in the media.
They will need to have broad interests and good general knowledge. The role is not beat-specific and will span a variety of subjects and issues.
The candidate will be responsible for ensuring high-quality coverage that is accurate, fair, and conforms to accepted standards of journalism.
This is a full time role with the ability to work from home anywhere in the UK or from our London, Canary Wharf office. Our office is temporarily closed due to Covid-19.
- Writing several articles a week
- Researching and verifying information
- Proposing ideas for fact checks
- Working to exacting standards of accuracy and fairness
- Adhering to internal rules on quality and style
- Strong reporting experience
- Experience in reporting on US politics
- Excellent, clear writer
- Skilled researcher
- Fair-minded, unflappable, and decisive