We are looking for a smart and hard-working reporter to deliver insightful and interesting news, analysis, features and profiles on the UK’s fast-moving and dynamic £43.2bn convenience sector.
Working across Conveniencestore.co.uk and Forecourt Trader magazine, you’ll be covering everything from the impact of Brexit and Covid on the food and drink supply chain to changing legislation, latest product launches and best practice advice for independent retailers.
You’ll speak to convenience store and forecourt operators on a regular basis to gather news and advice on the sector as well as working with food and drink brands on new products and category advice.
Required experience and skills
- Top notch news-gathering and writing ability
- Strong interviewing technique and ability to convey sometimes complex information in an engaging and interesting way
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the confidence to build contacts in the convenience community
- Experience of digital journalism and social media account management
- Strong organisational skills and the ability to manage own diary and workflow
- Knowledge of the convenience or grocery sector would be a bonus, but not essential
What we offer
This is a great opportunity for an ambitious journalist with some experience under their belt to develop their skills and expertise by working alongside William Reed’s award-winning team of journalists and editors.
Aside from writing about a fascinating and rapidly evolving sector, you’ll gain experience in digital publishing and the opportunity to work on multimedia content such as podcasts and videos. Plus, a competitive salary and flexible working options.
COMPANY BENEFITS INCLUDE
- Competitive Salary
- 25 days annual leave in addition to bank holidays
- Contributory Pension
- Life Assurance Scheme
- Group Income Protection
We warmly welcome and encourage applications from talented individuals of all backgrounds and characteristics. If you need any support in accessing this opportunity, please do not hesitate to discuss this with us.
HOW TO APPLY
If you are interested in applying for the position, please email with:
- Your up-to-date CV
- A one-page cover letter telling us why your experience and skills are a match for this role
- Any links or PDF examples of your journalistic output, to demonstrate relevant skills and knowledge.
We look forward to hearing from you.
CLOSE DATE: 13/10/21