Deputy SEO Editor
Deputy SEO Editor
Location: DMGT Headquarters – London
In return for their energy and ideas we ensure our people are well rewarded. Our benefits package increases the longer you’ve been with us. Here’s what to expect:
- 25 days’ holiday (increasing by 1 per year up to a total of 30)
- Upon joining you will be automatically enrolled onto the Pension Plan at the minimum level of 5% employee contribution, 3% Company contribution.
- Life cover under the Pension Plan of up to 3x your basic salary.
- DMGT Discounts (for discounts on online shopping, vouchers and reloadable cards)
- Subsidised canteen
- Onsite gym (Northcliffe House only)
- Onsite nurse and GP clinics (Northcliffe House only)
- Our Employee Assistance Programme
- Discounted dining cards
Plus many other benefits….
i is looking for a Deputy SEO Editor to continue expanding the audience for our journalism on inews.co.uk.
We are looking for a candidate who combines a passion for audience development with strong writing skills and editorial judgement.
You will have a fluent understanding of which stories can drive SEO traffic and how to optimise headlines to ensure articles reach as many readers as possible. You will have the ability to produce accurate copy to tight deadlines.
You will have experience of using keyword research tools to inform article commissions and be able to use analytics to feed back to the wider newsroom on performance. You will be prepared to work on a rota that includes weekends as the i continues to develop its digital output.
This is a great opportunity for somebody who combines a knowledge of journalistic SEO best practices with a passion for writing content that reaches as many readers as possible.
- Write SEO-driven articles quickly and accurately across a range of different topics to tight deadlines Support the SEO editor in generating ideas and commissioning content based on keyword research and analytics tools Guide journalists and editors on writing strong SEO headlines and finding search-friendly angles into stories Ensure the wider newsroom is adhering to on-page SEO best practice (internal linking, tagging articles etc) Play an active role in forward planning content around key events, and identifying new content opportunities for inews.co.uk. Use analytics tools to track traffic performance, providing feedback to the wider newsroom as required
- Experience working in a digital news environment, ideally in an SEO role An ability to write clean, accurate copy to tight deadlines Confident with using Google Trends and other SEO tools Comfortable with using live analytics tools (eg. Google Analytics or Adobe Analytics) A strong understanding of editorial SEO best practice Confident with CMS and digital production Strong team player who is eager to work collaboratively with others Excellent standards of written English Effective and calm under pressure
At 10 years old, i is Britain's youngest national newspaper and website. We publish reporting, opinion and in-depth features for an intelligent audience. Growing in influence and profitable, in 2020 i was named Britain’s most trusted national news brand (PAMCo), Daily Newspaper of the Year (London Press Club) and News Website of the Year (Online Media Awards). i now has an opportunity to grow again with investment in our original journalism under new owners - so we are looking to recruit to our ambitious editorial team.
We are committed to increasing diversity and maintaining an inclusive workplace culture. We welcome applications from all qualified candidates regardless of their ethnicity, race, gender, religious beliefs, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability.
We are Disability Confident Committed. Please let us know if you require any recruitment documentation in other formats or if you require reasonable adjustments to be made during the recruitment process. Please be assured that any such information will be held separately to your recruitment application and will not be considered as part of the selection process.