Are you an amazing story-finder, who is brimming with original ideas and has a proven track-record in landing exclusive stories spectacular enough to sell to the national media?
We are looking for an ambitious and experienced journalist ideally with previous news agency experience, who wants to find their own exclusives - not upload other people's stories - to become part of the Real Life Features team at PA Media Group where every day is fast-paced and exciting.
What you’ll be doing …
- Sourcing and producing at least three exclusive stories each week for our online service, together with pictures and, in some cases, accompanying video
- Generating a stream of outstanding exclusive stories for national print publications and TV
- Producing legally sound, entertaining copy in house style for a variety of media outlets
What you’ll need …
- Confidence and drive to make great contacts and land the very best real-life exclusives
- Brilliant interview skills to find the very best lines in every story
- Great telephone manner, so people want to talk to you exclusively over and above other journalists
- Extensive knowledge of the real life market and what people want to read – ranging from love rats, to heartbreaking crime and health stories.
- Detailed knowledge of legal issues, particularly relating to real-life stories
- Great writing style and ability to produce clean, accurate, legally sound copy to strict deadlines in a fast-paced environment
Do you have …?
- Experience working at an agency or outlet known for its real life content, finding and signing exclusive stories?
- A proven track-record in landing exclusive stories spectacular enough to sell to the national and international media?
- Sound knowledge of media law and strong writing skills with the ability to turn around compelling and accurate articles for individual publications and websites?
- The ability to build strong relationships with commissioning editors, charities, PRs and regional reporters to source exclusive stories?
- An NCTJ or equivalent qualification?
What you can expect in return …
In return for your commitment, we offer a competitive basic salary and the opportunity to work in an exciting industry working with some of the biggest names in media.
As part of the selection process you will be required to provide evidence of your published work and to complete a written test.
We’re working hard to ensure we provide an inclusive environment and as well as your skills and experience we’re also focused on who you are and what else you can bring. We recognise the importance of a healthy work life balance and positively encourage agile working.
We are always open to discuss an individual’s flexible working needs so please speak to us during the recruitment process to understand what this could look like for you. We will do everything we can to support you during your application. If you need us to make any adjustments to our recruitment process, speak to our recruitment team who will be happy to support you.
We will be considering candidates as they apply, so please do not delay in submitting your application as we may decide to close the advert early. We will aim to update you on the status of your application as soon as possible and successful applicants will be invited to a MS Teams interview.
To find out more about working with us, search #151Reasons on LinkedIn or check out our Life page,