About The Role
The correspondent is an experienced journalist who is able to quickly spot, find and generate ideas for stories, investigations and analyses, pitch their ideas to the head of school information and produce commissioned stories in line with a brief to tight deadlines. They are able to use their own initiative to keep on top of diary stories, while using contacts and industry knowledge to uncover the off-diary, investigative stories that provides the essential information schools need to know.
They are able to produce multimedia content such as written articles, data graphics, video and audio.
They have a hunger to find the answers to burning questions that school leaders have, and hold those in power to account on behalf of leaders and their teaching staff in schools. Attention to detail and speed means they produce content to a brief that is high quality and reaches the audience when they need it.
They will stay up-to-speed with all the latest trends in education and ensure they are ahead of the game, via contacts, on key developments that are on the agenda for schools. They have the ability to develop an extensive contacts book so that Tes is always first to key need-to-know information.
They understand the crucial importance of social media and SEO in getting our content to our audience, and also the integral part their own profile plays in Tes being seen as the go-to number one information source for schools. As such, they will be comfortable appearing regularly in the media and at conferences and distributing their content in an engaging way through major social channels.
- Generating content ideas for articles and investigations
- Learning and maintaining knowledge about the sector and the patches they are assigned to cover
- Working at speed and with accuracy to produce content to tight deadlines
- Optimising content for search and for audience targets
- Representing the magazine at events and in the media
- Using social media to distribute content and generate ideas
- Experienced journalist with a track record of securing investigative, exclusive stories
- An NCTJ qualification or equivalent qualification
- Experience of producing content across multiple platforms
- Ability to work independently and to tight deadlines
- An understanding of SEO
- Experience building contacts and maintaining relationships with senior industry figures
What we offer?
- Flexible hybrid working
- 25 days annual leave rising to 30 with opportunity to buy extra holiday
- 5% employer pension contribution
- Prestigious office with free soft and hot drinks and breakfast cereals and free fruit delivered weekly
- Access to a range of fantastic discounts and benefits via My Benefits World
- Free eye care cover
- Free Bupa Health cover, Life Assurance & Income Protection cover
- Discounted Dental Insurance
- Cycle to Work Scheme, salary sacrifice benefits such as technology and mobile phones
- Referral Scheme
- Season Ticket Loan
- EAP (Employee assistance programme)
- Paid for monthly nights out
- Access to an extensive Learning and Development menu
- Various other benefits to suit your lifestyle and wellbeing
Who are Tes?
Tes Global is a global digital education company that has been supporting educators for over 100 years. We power schools and enable great teaching worldwide, by creating intelligent online products and services to make the greatest difference in education.
With more than 13.7m education professionals and enthusiasts in our online community using over 900k classroom resources and working relationships with 25,000 schools in over 100 countries, we have the scale to make a difference. Our innovative products and services are delivered through a range of partners across the globe. We help schools find the teachers they need; we bring new teachers into the profession through initial teacher training; we provide teachers with continuous professional development and help educators with safeguarding training and compliance. We provide innovative tools to help teachers succeed in the classroom as well as bring educators together online, so they can share expertise and provide them with vital news and information about education.
We are leaders in using digital technology to make life easier for schools and teachers. The services offered through Tes.com play a critical role in helping teachers and school leaders deal with the challenges of providing high quality education to millions of children across the globe.
We are proud of our people centric culture where everyone is driven to achieve the same goal, to support and connect teachers and schools worldwide, helping them to improve children's lives through education.
Tes Global will ensure all qualified applicants receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, colour, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin or on the basis of disability. We invite applicants to contact us directly to identify any additional support required.