We have a really exciting opportunity for a picture director to join our Celebrity Magazine and Supplement Hub where you will lead and manager the picture team.
So, who are we?
We are Reach plc, you might not have heard of us but we have probably met without you even realising it. We are home to the UK and Ireland’s most iconic digital platforms, magazines and newspapers. From the Mirror, Daily Express and OK!, to our regional titles such as the Liverpool Echo, BirminghamLive and the Manchester Evening News (plus lots more), our brands and the stories we cover are as varied as our people. We help all kinds of people share experiences through our stories because we believe this is what makes us human. Oh, and we should probably also mention that with a monthly readership of 47 million people, Reach is the largest commercial publisher in the UK. At Reach, not only will you feel better understood, you will also feel you understand other people better too.
- To lead a multi-skilled team, ensuring both digital and print content is of excellent quality and within budget.
- To work alongside the editor-in-chief, deputy editor-in-chief and digital director to ensure content is planned well in advance and multiplatform.
- To grow the audience and engagement of ok.co.uk by working closely with the Digital Director, Celebrity & Entertainment Director, Features & Lifestyle Director and Fashion & Beauty Director to ensure all content is multiplatform.
- To understand what makes a brilliant, multi-platform picture led feature and news story.
- To secure exclusive picture sets to drive print sales and page views online to meet KPIs.
- To understand data and analytics to feed back into the production cycle and the content we produce.
- To take accountability for the fair and consistent application of all our people policies, procedures and processes.
- To foster a high-performance culture by setting clear expectations and having in-the-moment performance discussions.
- To develop a culture of trust, where people are safe to speak up, clear on their role in the team’s success and empowered to be their best at work.
- To reward and recognise great performance, celebrating people’s achievements and successes.
The Ideal Candidate
- Previous experience working in a fast-paced newsroom or magazine environment.
- Previous experience of directly leading and managing a team.
- Excellent planning and organisational skills with the ability to meet deadlines and financial commitments.
- Excellent contacts within the industry and the ability to foster good relationships with agencies and paparazzi.
- A track record of realising creative ideas from conception to reality within the constraints of limited resources and challenging deadlines.
We are offering a competitive salary and benefits including;
- 25 days holiday per annum
- Contributory pension scheme
- Holiday purchase scheme
- Simply Health Healthcare Cashplan
- Free wellbeing apps and coaching support
- Share save scheme
- Inclusion Networks and Champions, giving all employees a voice
- Lots of high street discounts!
Reach plc believes diversity brings benefits for our customers, our business and our people. This is why we are committed to being an inclusive employer and encourage applications from all suitable applicants irrespective of background, circumstances, age, disability, gender identity, ethnicity, religion or belief and sexual orientation.