Position Title: Research Editor
Reports To: Manager, Dow Jones State Owned Companies, Barcelona
Research Editor (French/Nordic Languages)
When you join Dow Jones you become part of one of the most dynamic news and information companies in the world. This position is part of DJ's Data Strategy Group, which collects and integrates proprietary data and third-party licensed content, processing more than 500,000 articles a day from more than 35,000 news and business sources in 26 languages. Data Strategy also provides equity exchange data from 43 countries and creates content on markets, companies and people to help users identify business opportunities and manage risk.
Risk & Compliance is a high-growth division of Dow Jones, a News Corporation company.
Risk & Compliance provides a comprehensive response to financial regulations by offering global, accurate, up-to-date information on people and companies -- enabling customers to meet regulatory guidelines, perform enhanced due diligence, control money laundering and illicit payments, and manage risk across their business.
- Research, record and update details on companies owned or controlled by governments around the world. These details are required for the Dow Jones State Owned Companies (SOC) database which forms part of the Dow Jones Risk and Compliance business.
- Use a range of relevant electronic published sources for each country he/she is researching, including a range of sources carried on Dow Jones's own products and on government/regulatory and company websites.
- Adhere to a set of guidelines on SOC selection and the level of corporate details required. You will deliver the most comprehensive coverage possible while taking care to exclude detail outside the brief. You would also responsible for verifying the accuracy of the material you and other team members are adding to the database and must follow an established set of procedures to do so.
- Keep the SOC Database up to date by continual scanning and extraction from known information sources and by on-going monitoring for new sources.
- Respond quickly, accurately and thoroughly to customer queries.
- Ability to identify wholly with Dow Jones's service obligations to its Clients
- Research and/or editorial knowledge
- Fluency in English and French; proficiency in Nordic languages is an advantage
- Web searching skills; tenacity and ingenuity in the pursuit of sources
- Education to Bachelor's degree level
- Excellent proof reading skills and organizational skills
- Keyboard skills and familiarity with Microsoft Office
- Ability to handle large volumes of information
If this position matches your experience, skills and motivations please submit your CV and a covering letter detailing why you feel you are suitable for the role.Please note only candidates requested for interview will be contacted.
- Comprehensive Insurance Plans
- Retirement Plans
- Employee Referral Program
- Subscription Discounts
- Fitness Reimbursement
Dow Jones , Making Careers Newsworthy
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status. EEO/AA/M/F/Disabled/Vets .
Dow Jones is committed to providing reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities, in our job application and/or interview process. If you need assistance or accommodation in completing your application, due to a disability, please reach out to us at TalentResourceTeam@dowjones.com. Please put "Reasonable Accommodation" in the subject line.
Business Area: PIB - DATA STRATEGY
Job Category: Data/Content Group
Since 1882, Dow Jones has been finding new ways to bring information to the world's top business entities. Beginning as a niche news agency in an obscure Wall Street basement, Dow Jones has grown to be a worldwide news and information powerhouse, with prestigious brands including The Wall Street Journal, Dow Jones Newswires, Factiva, Barron's, MarketWatch and Financial News.
This longevity and success is due to a relentless pursuit of accuracy, depth and innovation, enhanced by the wisdom of past experience and a solid grasp on the future ahead. More than its individual brands, Dow Jones is a modern gateway to intelligence, with innovative technology, advanced data feeds, integrated solutions, expert research, award-winning journalism and customizable apps and delivery systems to bring the information that matters most to customers, when and where they need it, every day.
If you are a current employee at Dow Jones, do not apply here. Please go to the Career section on your Workday homepage and view "Find Jobs - Dow Jones." Thank you.
Req ID: 27549