Creating and implementing innovative social strategy to develop new audiences and tell fantastic stories on social media will be at the heart of this position. In the role, you'll assist the Head of Social in developing and delivering The Telegraph’s strategy and output across our social media platforms.
You will have the chance to work across a variety of content in a fast-paced newsroom, alongside some of the country’s best journalists in their field. This is an exciting challenge to make a real impact in driving subscriptions and increasing engagement.
The nature of our industry means life at the Telegraph Media Group is fast-paced, demanding, and interesting. We also want it to be rewarding for everyone who works here. From dynamic working opportunities, medical cover, and equal parental pay (six months fully paid for mothers and fathers), to life assurance, and season ticket loans, you can choose from a range of flexible benefits, designed to support your lifestyle and help you achieve a healthy work-life balance.
Training and development
With support from your manager and colleagues, you’ll also have access to a variety of training and development opportunities through The Academy. Covering a range of personal and professional skills, our courses enable you to develop an enjoyable and rewarding career.
Our commitment to inclusion
We want you to feel you belong here and welcome candidates from all backgrounds.
We have a number of internal networks that are totally inclusive and open for anyone to join. These include internal inclusion networks covering employees from ethnic minority backgrounds, working families, LGBTQ+, disabilities and long-term conditions, gender, wellbeing, and women in tech.
Your wellbeing is paramount, so we have trained over 100 Mental Health First Aiders in the last two years to help support our employees. We’ve also signed the Tech Talent Charter, and are committed to driving greater inclusion and diversity in tech.
- Manage the day-to-day output of the social media editors across our various accounts and platforms; ensure posts are of the highest quality, on-brand and optimised.
- Develop the Telegraph's social media strategy as a means of promoting, supporting and maximising the impact of its editorial content - crucially, driving subscriptions, and growing reach and influence.
- Assist the Head of Social with devising strategies for Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, LinkedIn, TikTok and be on top of any emerging platforms and trends, always thinking how to best promote Telegraph stories and content.
- Work with visual storytelling teams (video, graphics, data and design) to create unique, original content that will drive engagement on social media and make the Telegraph stand out against our competitors.
- Use analytics tools to help guide Commissioners across the newsroom.
- Support reporters with training and guidance in growing their own social media communities.
- Extensive experience of social media, particularly of Facebook, Instagram and Twitter - preferably within a national quality publisher, and experience of subscription models.
- Extensive experience of driving follower growth across diverse platforms
- Experience of driving community and engagement through social media - and understanding of what engagement metrics are of importance to a quality publisher.
- Extensive experience of different digital storytelling methods as applied to social media - particularly video and graphics.
- Experience supervising and leading a team and working with colleagues in a newsroom.
- Excellent understanding of what constitutes quality digital publishing in a busy editorial environment - and knowledge of what is important to the Telegraph.
- Understanding of analytics tools, and the ability to make decisions about social media activities based on analytics when appropriate.
The Telegraph’s goal is to foster a diverse and inclusive workplace and we are committed to building a team that reflects a wide variety of skills, perspectives, and backgrounds.
We are an equal opportunities employer, hiring solely on merit and business need. We encourage applications regardless of sex, gender identity, ethnicity, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, pregnancy, parenthood, and disability. If you require reasonable adjustments in any recruitment process with us, please make us aware.
For more information on our purpose, beliefs, and people values, please visit our website.