FEATURES ASSISTANT (part-time, 3 days a week)
Reporting into the Features Editor, the Features Assistant will provide editorial and administrative support to the team in producing the weekly magazine in both print and digital formats.
From pitching, researching and writing articles to organisational and administrative tasks, you’ll be a core part of the features team who’s always ready to lend a hand, share ideas and support the day-to-day running of the magazine.
- To research and write features, as directed by the Features Editor
- To take ownership of regular pages including Work Life and Elsewhere
- To contribute to and prepare for ideas meetings
- To interview experts, authors and case studies for articles
- To maintain the team’s forward-planning schedule
- To manage work experience and interns
- To liaise with PRs and represent the brand at external events
- To take on any other assisting responsibilities for the Editors as required
- Proactive, full of enthusiasm and brimming with ideas
- A sound understanding of the Stylist voice and ethos
- A strong interest in features and writing
- Excellent organisational and administrative skills with an outstanding attention to detail
- Strong communication skills
- The ability to work effectively to strict publishing deadlines
What we offer:
- The opportunity to work at the UK’s leading feminist publishing brand
- Flexible hours and remote working, with the option to work from Stylist’s Fleet Street HQ
- A team training budget to attend conferences and courses relevant to your work
- Competitive salary
- Contributory pension Access to health and dental cash plan Access to private medical scheme
- Day off for your birthday
- Discounted rates for gym membership
- Cycle-to-work scheme
To apply, please send your CV and a covering letter outlining why you are best suited to this role to Features Editor Meena Alexander with FEATURES ASSISTANT in the subject line.
Deadline is 6pm, Friday 15 October 2021.
Please note: we thank you in advance for any applications; only candidates invited for interview will be contacted. No agencies please.