SWNS is looking for a Video Editor with an interest in news, human interest stories and viral content.
Who we are:
SWNS is the UK’s biggest independent news content provider, with over 100 editorial staff in offices across the country and satellite offices in the US. We distribute more than 1,000 original media assets every day, making us one of the single biggest sources of news content for publishers across the world. Our content spans everything from breaking news and human interest to health, science, and viral content.
We believe in real journalism; reporters, photographers and videographers who gather content at source and turn them into original media packages which leap off the page or screen. We also work with hundreds of contributors and major publishers to licence and monetise their content.
Alongside our core news agency operation, SWNS supplies a wide range of editorial and bespoke commission services ranging from assignments for brands to full outsource production services for publishers.
Our passion, drive and innovative business model has seen us grow exponentially over the last decade and this role reflects our continued investment in journalism and new markets.
Video has become a major part of what we do – we produce original packages, syndicate content from our publishing partners, and licence UGC and viral properties.
We need a creative, proactive, and resourceful video editor who can maximise the value of our assets. You will be passionate about video and be plugged into all the latest trends and techniques.
The Video Editor within the video desk team has to be passionate about creating videos in the most effective and efficient way. You must be a strong storyteller, who is full of creative ideas, and able to turn around video packages quickly.
What will you be doing?
- Editing together video content and ensure packages are produced to a high standard
- Distributing video content via SWNS newswire to clients
- Helping to source and licence user-generated content
- Writing video scripts and editing video content for our audiences on social media using archive, creator-shot and original footage including interviews
- Editing corporate promotional content for brands and PR clients and internal projects such as roadshow sizzle reels
The ideal candidate will:
- Have a relevant university degree, equivalent qualification or experience working in a similar role at a content organisation or in a newsroom environment
- An expert in PremierePro, After Effects a plus
- Knowledge of media law, including copyright and consent, and ethical considerations, is also desirable
- Passionate about the craft of video from both a storytelling aspect and production perspective
- Up to date with the latest video and social trends
- Meticulous attention to detail
- A team player with a collaborative mind-set
- Work quickly and calmly sometimes under pressure in a newsroom environment
- Shooting skills preferable to help plan shoots, conduct interviews and cover news events as necessary
SWNS is a progressive and forward-thinking content business which includes news, features, images, video, PR, content marketing and market research.
We offer competitive salaries, a fun and engaging working environment, and the best career prospects in the business.
If you want to join the team please send a CV and cover letter.
All applicants must provide links to relevant past work.