We are looking for a Social Video Editor with an interest in real-life stories, animals and feel-good news.
Who we are:
SWNS is the UK’s biggest independent news content provider, with over 100 editorial staff in offices across the country and satellite offices in the US. We distribute more than 1,000 original media assets every day, making us one of the single biggest sources of news content for publishers across the world. Our content spans everything from breaking news and human interest to health, science, and viral content.
We believe in real journalism; reporters, photographers and videographers who gather content at source and turn them into original media packages which leap off the page or screen. We also work with hundreds of contributors and major publishers to licence and monetise their content.
Alongside our core news agency operation, SWNS supplies a wide range of editorial and bespoke commission services ranging from assignments for brands to full outsource production services for publishers.
The role includes organising shoots, writing video scripts, and editing stories for our audiences using archive, creator-shot and original footage including interviews. You must be a strong storyteller, who is full of creative ideas, and able to identify and turn around a shareable story quickly.
You’ll live and breathe social media, and have an understanding of audiences and what makes a shareable and engaging video, as well as how to optimise for different social platforms.
A journalism background with social media experience – preferably working within a similar role at a content organisation – will stand out.
What will you be doing?
- Helping to source and licence user-generated content
- Pitching, scripting, gathering footage and video editing
- Organising shoots via Zoom and in-person
- Continually striving to understand the tone of the brand
- Maintaining impeccable grammar and punctuation skills
- Working to deadlines and engagement targets
- Taking our editorial video to the next level, by continually developing and improving the quality of our videos
- Supporting the news desk with breaking and interesting videos as and when is needed
What do you need to have done before?
- Previous experience working as a Video Editor editing for successful Social Media accounts
- In-depth understanding of social media, particularly Facebook
- Experience using Adobe Premiere. After Effects a plus
- Relevant university degree, equivalent qualification or experience working in social media, video production or other relevant multimedia fields
- Knowledge of media law, including copyright and consent, and ethical considerations, is also desirable
SWNS is a progressive and forward-thinking content business which includes news, features, images, video, PR, content marketing and market research.
We offer competitive salaries, a fun and engaging working environment, and the best career prospects in the business.
If you want to join the team please send a CV and cover letter
All applicants must provide links to relevant past work.