Job Description:The Wall Street Journal's WSJ. Magazine is hiring two fashion assistants to help manage our fashion closet. These are administrative positions focused primarily on meticulously managing the inflow and outflow of sample shipments.You will be based in New York and will report to the Fashion Market/Accessories Director.
- Oversee and coordinate shipping logistics (local, domestic and international), including via carnets, couriers, and messenger bookings. Help manage check-ins/check-outs & packing/returns and assist on set, as needed
- Manage the server: maintain files of all check-ins/check-outs, organize all market images, collect lookbooks for each season
- Handle department's schedule as needed during collections
- Work with Off Duty to call in and return samples
- Handle editor appointment scheduling
- Organize run-throughs
- Responsible for sending out issues
- Order fashion closet supplies as needed
- Maintain the organization of the fashion closet and any in-house samples with proper merchandising
- Document each item being shipped to/from the office. Ensure that all samples requested are checked in and accounted for and that all looks are complete
- Follow up with PR offices for pick-up details and log them accordingly
- Occasional assistance on fashion shoots
- 2 years working for a fashion magazine in an assistant capacity
- Interest in and passion for luxury magazine content
- Extremely organized and able to manage high-volume of tasks efficiently
- Natural problem-solver
Dow Jones , Making Careers Newsworthy
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status. EEO/AA/M/F/Disabled/Vets .
Dow Jones is committed to providing reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities, in our job application and/or interview process. If you need assistance or accommodation in completing your application, due to a disability, please reach out to us at TalentResourceTeam@dowjones.com. Please put "Reasonable Accommodation" in the subject line.
Business Area: NEWS/WSJ
Job Category: News/Editorial Group
Since 1882, Dow Jones has been finding new ways to bring information to the world's top business entities. Beginning as a niche news agency in an obscure Wall Street basement, Dow Jones has grown to be a worldwide news and information powerhouse, with prestigious brands including The Wall Street Journal, Dow Jones Newswires, Factiva, Barron's, MarketWatch and Financial News.
This longevity and success is due to a relentless pursuit of accuracy, depth and innovation, enhanced by the wisdom of past experience and a solid grasp on the future ahead. More than its individual brands, Dow Jones is a modern gateway to intelligence, with innovative technology, advanced data feeds, integrated solutions, expert research, award-winning journalism and customizable apps and delivery systems to bring the information that matters most to customers, when and where they need it, every day.
If you are a current employee at Dow Jones, do not apply here. Please go to the Career section on your Workday homepage and view "Find Jobs - Dow Jones." Thank you.
Req ID: 27910