Investor's Business Daily (IBD) is looking for a Head of Data & Analytics to help drive our continued business growth. Reporting into the President of IBD and partnering closely with top leadership across IBD and Dow Jones, this role will help guide IBD's growth strategy while reinforcing our data driven culture. Your data analytics expertise will aid in customer acquisition programs, enhance customer retention models, optimize customer engagement and increase overall customer delight. The right candidate is passionate about using data to guide overall strategy and will present actionable insights to multiple stakeholders across the organization in a clear and effective manner. You will oversee a nimble team of data analysts, data scientists and business intelligence managers, but you shouldn't be afraid to roll up your sleeves and dive head-first into the data weeds.
The right candidate will engage with company executives and leaders on a daily basis and work closely with teams across marketing/customer acquisition, retention, content/editorial, customer success, events, social media, product, advertising, engineering and financial planning. The ideal candidate will have a unique ability to combine audience, customer, product and financial data with industry best practices, and quickly develop and present a unique, clear, and compelling strategy that drives continued growth. We are looking for an open-minded hands-on leader to help us fulfill the massive opportunity we have in front of us by using the power of data analysis as the fuel for our continued growth.
- At least 8+ years' experience within Data, Data Science, Customer/Business Analytics with at least 3+ years' experience supervising data analysts, data scientists, BI managers and collaborating with data engineers and machine learning engineers.
- Strong knowledge and experience with revenue generating models across digital businesses, especially as it relates to subscriptions/recurring revenue, upsell/cross-sell, retention, e-commerce and digital sales funnels.
- Strong foundation of statistical knowledge and mathematics required.
- Must be an expert with predictive models and accurate analysis of complex, high-volume data working together from various sources.
- Great communication, storytelling and presentation skills.
- Must forge relationships with business users to understand current business process and articulate ways in which we could evolve to make even better decisions.
- Must enjoy teaching others about data integrity and be the champion of a single source of truth.
- Strong experience driving impactful data visualizations and business friendly dashboards.
- Proficiency in at least one scripting language with a strong understanding of statistical modeling a plus.
- Expert in SQL and optimizing complex queries. NoSQL and document-oriented database experience a plus.
- Experience using analytics and data tools such as, but not limited to; Adobe Analytics, Databricks, PerimeterX, ObservePoint, Redshift and various DMP and CDP platform; and scripting languages such as Python, R, SAS a plus.
- Degree in quantitative field: Business, Statistics, Data Science, Economics, Mathematics, Computer Science.
- Sit within IBD leadership team to drive overall business growth while also collaborating across parent organization, Dow Jones, on big picture initiatives to fuel overall growth.
- Own, lead and shape customer, audience and business analytics across IBD while working with other data and analytics teams across parent organization.
- Identify new data use cases to help drive further personalization of customer experiences, products and subscription acquisition/retention.
- Identify key user and business metrics yet to be discovered within the organization but that could have a significant upside impact.
- Represent IBD as lead data expert when collaborating across parent organization and Dow Jones teams involved with data governance and privacy.
- Analyze and recommend improvements and optimizations sourced from data collection across all company activities and various data sources.
- Review, assess and optimize existing data mining and collection processes. Collaborate with Engineering to establish data capture, collection, storage and mining processes.
- Drive the company's data competency and knowledgebase by identifying data collection targets, interpreting data, and analyzing results using advanced statistical and analytical methods.
- Review and optimize reporting structure across the company, analyzing both customer metrics and business/efficiency metrics within the company. Recommend improvements and optimizations across all elements of company's activities and eco-system.
- Lead key analytical projects and processes to deliver actionable insights and recommendations for enhancing products, growing audiences and amplifying sound practices within IBD and parent company.
- Be proactive in turning analytics into strategy - analyze engagement, traffic and financial reporting to deliver actionable insights and recommendations.
- Effectively communicate and translate quantitative findings across the company.
- Design, build, and maintain analytical models used to support the business including; forecasting, customer engagement and retention models.
Dow Jones , Making Careers Newsworthy
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status. EEO/AA/M/F/Disabled/Vets .
Dow Jones is committed to providing reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities, in our job application and/or interview process. If you need assistance or accommodation in completing your application, due to a disability, please reach out to us at TalentResourceTeam@dowjones.com. Please put "Reasonable Accommodation" in the subject line.
Business Area: Investor's Business Daily
Job Category: Data/Content Group
Since 1882, Dow Jones has been finding new ways to bring information to the world's top business entities. Beginning as a niche news agency in an obscure Wall Street basement, Dow Jones has grown to be a worldwide news and information powerhouse, with prestigious brands including The Wall Street Journal, Dow Jones Newswires, Factiva, Barron's, MarketWatch and Financial News.
This longevity and success is due to a relentless pursuit of accuracy, depth and innovation, enhanced by the wisdom of past experience and a solid grasp on the future ahead. More than its individual brands, Dow Jones is a modern gateway to intelligence, with innovative technology, advanced data feeds, integrated solutions, expert research, award-winning journalism and customizable apps and delivery systems to bring the information that matters most to customers, when and where they need it, every day.
If you are a current employee at Dow Jones, do not apply here. Please go to the Career section on your Workday homepage and view "Find Jobs - Dow Jones." Thank you.
Req ID: 27900