Job Description:The Wall Street Journal's WSJ. Magazine is hiring a Senior Fashion Market editor to help cover multiple markets, write fashion stories, mentor junior staffers and represent the magazine on appointments and at industry events.You will be based in New York and will report to the Fashion Market/Accessories Director.
- Responsible for Men's fashion market and watches - requesting alongside support of Associate Market Editor
- FOB styling opportunities as they arise - Grids and Market Report
- Head writer on the Fashion team. Works alongside the Features editors on heds, deks and captions for Fashion stories
- Write SEO text
- Attend fashion shows and market appointments. Make sure the magazine is consistently on the pulse of what's new.
- Provide guidance and support to Associate Market Editor
- Maintain and grow relationships with in-house and agency PR representatives
- Assist in conceptualizing and curating fashion and accessory trends each season by compiling trend boards
- Photograph new product in the market each season and upload images to our team server for future reference
- Research and scout new and emerging brands
- director's review
- Act as magazine representative at industry events
- Provide consistent guidance to fashion assistants and work with Fashion Director on team management
- Contribute print and digital story ideas and industry news to the features team.
- 7 years working for a fashion magazine in a senior capacity
- Interest in and passion for luxury magazine content
- Extremely organized and able to manage high-volume of tasks efficiently
- Natural problem-solver
Dow Jones , Making Careers Newsworthy
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status. EEO/AA/M/F/Disabled/Vets .
Dow Jones is committed to providing reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities, in our job application and/or interview process. If you need assistance or accommodation in completing your application, due to a disability, please reach out to us at TalentResourceTeam@dowjones.com. Please put "Reasonable Accommodation" in the subject line.
Business Area: NEWS/WSJ
Job Category: News/Editorial Group
Since 1882, Dow Jones has been finding new ways to bring information to the world's top business entities. Beginning as a niche news agency in an obscure Wall Street basement, Dow Jones has grown to be a worldwide news and information powerhouse, with prestigious brands including The Wall Street Journal, Dow Jones Newswires, Factiva, Barron's, MarketWatch and Financial News.
This longevity and success is due to a relentless pursuit of accuracy, depth and innovation, enhanced by the wisdom of past experience and a solid grasp on the future ahead. More than its individual brands, Dow Jones is a modern gateway to intelligence, with innovative technology, advanced data feeds, integrated solutions, expert research, award-winning journalism and customizable apps and delivery systems to bring the information that matters most to customers, when and where they need it, every day.
If you are a current employee at Dow Jones, do not apply here. Please go to the Career section on your Workday homepage and view "Find Jobs - Dow Jones." Thank you.
Req ID: 27908