WSJ. Magazine is looking for a full time Assistant Photo Editor to join our team. Responsibilities include photo department administration, basic production of shoots, photo research, management of shoot budgets and accounting, developing and maintaining a network and knowledge base of photographers, galleries and agents and overseeing the workflow of the photo assistant. The ideal candidate will have a passion for photography, magazines, fine art, travel, design and current events. Strong organizational and interpersonal skills are essential as well as an eye for detail and grace under pressure and deadlines.
You will be based in New York and will report to the Executive Photo Director of WSJ. Magazine.
- General departmental administrative work
- Preparing and sending out social media packages when stories publish online
- Sending out issues to contributors the week of magazine release
- Photo research
- Entering annual photo competitions
- Maintaining credit docs, inputting gutters, etc.
- Maintaining the photo production calendar, sending out invites
- Updating the lineup when shoot notices are received
- Sending back match proofs
- Maintaining photographer database
- Coordinate in-house studio shoots
- Uploading edits to server, creating edit folders, marking selects on server, etc.
- Booking travel for photo/style teams
- Assisting with shoot production
- Identifying new talent and sharing with team
- Pitching photographer ideas for shoots
- Producing shoots, as needed
- Management of budgets for shoots
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Knowledge of photography
- Strong visual sensibility
- Excellent organizational skills
- Experience in a magazine (or similar platform) photo department
- Photo research experience
- Proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, InDesign, Bridge)
- Proficiency in Google Drive
- Bachelor's Degree
Dow Jones , Making Careers Newsworthy
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status. EEO/AA/M/F/Disabled/Vets .
Dow Jones is committed to providing reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities, in our job application and/or interview process. If you need assistance or accommodation in completing your application, due to a disability, please reach out to us at TalentResourceTeam@dowjones.com. Please put "Reasonable Accommodation" in the subject line.
Business Area: NEWS/WSJ
Job Category: News/Editorial Group
Since 1882, Dow Jones has been finding new ways to bring information to the world's top business entities. Beginning as a niche news agency in an obscure Wall Street basement, Dow Jones has grown to be a worldwide news and information powerhouse, with prestigious brands including The Wall Street Journal, Dow Jones Newswires, Factiva, Barron's, MarketWatch and Financial News.
This longevity and success is due to a relentless pursuit of accuracy, depth and innovation, enhanced by the wisdom of past experience and a solid grasp on the future ahead. More than its individual brands, Dow Jones is a modern gateway to intelligence, with innovative technology, advanced data feeds, integrated solutions, expert research, award-winning journalism and customizable apps and delivery systems to bring the information that matters most to customers, when and where they need it, every day.
If you are a current employee at Dow Jones, do not apply here. Please go to the Career section on your Workday homepage and view "Find Jobs - Dow Jones." Thank you.
Req ID: 27912