This position is essentially an in-house consultant that will create the analysis and presentations that will evaluate and structure the business opportunities within the New Ventures Team.
- Works with CBO's team during entire life cycle of deal to analyze, present and monitor business opportunities.
- Create analyses, working with the Finance team, to evaluate business new and ongoing business opportunities.
- Create presentations articulating new business opportunities, evaluating existing ones for both internal and external stakeholders, showing the ability to pivot messaging to different audiences.
- 3+ years prior experience in consulting, investment banking or business development related to tech, media or news industry.
- MBA a definite plus.
- Prior experience building financial models (e.g., discounted cash flow models summarizing financial opportunities). Mastery of Excel/Google Sheets an absolute given.
- Fluency with Powerpoint and other presentation software an absolute must.
- Knowledge of Python or other code-bases frequently used in data querying and interpretation.
Dow Jones , Making Careers Newsworthy
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status. EEO/AA/M/F/Disabled/Vets .
Dow Jones is committed to providing reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities, in our job application and/or interview process. If you need assistance or accommodation in completing your application, due to a disability, please reach out to us at TalentResourceTeam@dowjones.com. Please put "Reasonable Accommodation" in the subject line.
Business Area: NEW VENTURES
Job Category: Marketing Group
Since 1882, Dow Jones has been finding new ways to bring information to the world's top business entities. Beginning as a niche news agency in an obscure Wall Street basement, Dow Jones has grown to be a worldwide news and information powerhouse, with prestigious brands including The Wall Street Journal, Dow Jones Newswires, Factiva, Barron's, MarketWatch and Financial News.
This longevity and success is due to a relentless pursuit of accuracy, depth and innovation, enhanced by the wisdom of past experience and a solid grasp on the future ahead. More than its individual brands, Dow Jones is a modern gateway to intelligence, with innovative technology, advanced data feeds, integrated solutions, expert research, award-winning journalism and customizable apps and delivery systems to bring the information that matters most to customers, when and where they need it, every day.
If you are a current employee at Dow Jones, do not apply here. Please go to the Career section on your Workday homepage and view "Find Jobs - Dow Jones." Thank you.
Req ID: 27897