PinkNews is the publication for the global Gen Z audience and those who think like Gen Z. Our mission is to inform, inspire change and empower people to be themselves. We now reach over 50 million unique users per month across our website, socials and app.
As we continue to grow and diversify our content output we are seeking an experienced and innovative Executive Producer to lead, implement and develop video content and production strategies across PinkNews platforms. You will have experience working on content with a journalistic approach and be able to demonstrate excellent editorial judgment.
The Executive Producer reports into the Head of Video and will be a great communicator and collaborator as well as being confident, with lots of creative ideas and industry knowledge. You can look forward to working cross-departmentally across editorial, video, social, commercial and events. As a natural leader you will provide motivation and support to the video team, line managing and mentoring team members.
As PinkNews expands on to new platforms and into new territories we expect our content, products and services to deepen our relationship with the tens of millions of people who engage with our content every month as well as establishing relationships with a whole new audience — and our video content is central to our mission.
- Help develop and implement a video content and production strategy across all PinkNews platforms, both third party and owned and operated, including but not limited to Snapchat, Twitter, Instagram, TikTok, Facebook, YouTube and our website
- Lead on the production of creative and video concepts across all of PinkNews' channels including scriptwriting, editing and producing content
- Across all channels day-to-day management of the producers; resource planning, delegating, assigning tasks, reviewing work, providing feedback on edits
- Liaise with external partners, influencers and other contacts, including PinkNews third party partners, to ensure PinkNews is optimising content and increase brand visibility and reach
- Monitor and track trends to help make decisions on what content is resonating with our audience
- Prioritise relevant content creation and platform management against identified PinkNews business goals
- Film and edit video content using Adobe Premiere, Photoshop and After Effects
- Ensure all material used is copyright cleared or the correct permissions have been sought
- Live the PinkNews values, be an inspiring leader and help to develop our amazing production team
Skills and Experience:
- Minimum of 5 years relevant experience, preferably within publishing/ journalism
- In-depth understanding of how online video works
- Proficiency in Adobe Premiere Pro
- Adobe After Effects skills, desirable
- Sound knowledge of media law
- Experience of line managing / overseeing team members
- Keen news sense and interest in Gen Z, pop culture and the LGBT+ community
- An understanding of PinkNews’ platforms and audience
- Passion for creating award-winning social video content through creative storytelling
- Experience of implementing innovative new content strategies across social platforms
- A strong creative thinker and problem-solver
- Enjoys leading and motivating a team
- Belief in equality for all
- Must be available to commute to a London based office for hybrid-working
- Salary from £45,000 DOE
- 30 days’ annual leave including bank holidays
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Great development opportunities
- Fun, hardworking, supportive and social team environment
- Employee Referral Programme
- Flexible hybrid working
- Please submit a CV, cover letter and your portfolio/ links to examples of your work to firstname.lastname@example.org. We look forward to hearing from you!
- PinkNews is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to creating a diverse and inclusive workplace that celebrates differences, allowing you to do your best work.